senior engineer (controls), engineering
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by planning, organizing and executing engineering assignments and projects that develop technology and methods innovations to enhance distribution productivity and capacity. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Applies logic in problem-solving and analysis of alternatives to assess the financial and operations impact of business initiatives. Assesses critical information to make effective decisions or recommendations.
• Develops Requests for Proposal, bid analyses, and leads contract negotiations as required to meet business needs. Manages project budget.
• Develops and implements engineering designs in specific technical functions within distribution and/or packaging to improve efficiencies, increase capacity and reduce costs. Builds consensus across functions as project team leader on complex projects and initiatives.
• Develops project plans that define scope, schedule, budget and business impact and risks. Executes plans and identifies issues or obstacles, gains alignment and brings to resolution.
• May oversee facility maintenance and automation specialists (at regional distribution center locations).
• Promotes development of strong working relationships among engineering and distribution, manufacturing or packaging partners. Mentors less experienced engineering partners.
Summary of Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in STEM fields or equivalent work experience
• Knowledgeable of applicable safety codes for automation related solutions (UL, NEC, OSHA, NFPA, ISO, and SAE)
• Engineering design and implementation of automation solutions (logic controls and other relevant PM and controls software)
• Continuous improvement, distribution performance metrics development and root cause analysis (5 years)
• Warehouse or inventory system implementation if supporting Distribution
• Project management (3 years)• Strategic planning (1 year)
• Consumer products or food company and plant experience, either technical or production • Supervision, including direct supervision of contractors
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website