Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by operating product packaging equipment in a roasting plant. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Informs appropriate manufacturing partners and supervisor of machine performance irregularities to minimize the impact of production downtime. Minimizes production scrap, including materials and coffee product.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment. Operates packaging equipment with safety guards and switches in place, and follows all safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Monitors and documents package quality using analytical tools.
- Operates all product packaging equipment in a roasting plant. Ensures that package appearance, labeling, seals, and case and pallet configurations comply with product specifications and quality standards.
- Participates in process improvement activities. Maintains scheduled throughput to meet team goals for reliability and budget standards. Trains other machine operators and partners as needed.
Summary of Experience
- Operating manual and automated packaging equipment (2 years)
- Performing quality tests using analytical tools (1 year)
- Regulated food manufacturing environment (1 year)
- High School diploma/GED or 4 or more years of US military service
- 1 or more year(s) of experience in a role operating automated manufacturing equipment or currently working in a Starbucks plant
- 1 or more year(s) of experience in a role performing all of the following: making mechanical repairs, performing preventive maintenance on manufacturing equipment and performing quality tests using analytical tools
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic math skills
- Ability to follow verbal direction
- Ability to understand written policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Internet environments
- Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot minor machine failures and make minor adjustments
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
- Ability to perform quality tests using analytical tools
- Ability to gather, record and report on operational and quality metrics, through manual or automated systems
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website