Now Brewing – Maintenance Manager! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
The Starbucks experience starts in our Roasting Plants where we have a dedicated team of professional roasters and supporting process teams including planning, warehouse management, packaging, roasting, maintenance, engineering and logistics.
This job contributes to Starbucks success by overseeing the development and implementation of sound plant maintenance programs that meet plant and company standards and regulatory requirements. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
Planning and Execution
Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Anticipates, recognizes and assesses situations quickly and organizes resources to take appropriate action.
- Collaborates with engineers, suppliers, contracts and plant partners to ensure customer needs are met.
- Controls operating costs within budget expectations.
- Develops and maintains plant preventive maintenance programs.
- Ensures compliance with government regulatory agencies.
- Leads efforts to upgrade facility for efficiency, safety and reliability.
- Leads projects involving installation, modification or renovation of equipment.
- Manages repairs and supplies, purchases and budgets.
- Responsible for the management and/or implementation of food safety, legality and quality programs.
Partner Development & Team Building
Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results.
We'd love to hear from people with:
- Experience in a maintenance organization with responsibilities for manufacturing plant diagnosis, troubleshooting, repairing, preventing breakdowns, and predictive analytics capabilities. (3 years)
- Experience with applying continuous improvement tools to determine root cause and implement corrective actions that prevent further similar breakdowns. (3 years)
- Knowledge and experience with change management to include listening and bringing people along to assure sustainable change
- Managing and developing others
- Managing budgets
- Team-building skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to solve complex problems and follow through to solution
- Ability to provide leadership, with the ability to coach and mentor team partners
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Proficient in safety procedures
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
- Familiarity with food safety regulatory requirements and global standards including Preventive Controls for Human Food (21 CFR 117) and the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). Experience with BRC or SQF certification schemes
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website