Job Summary and Mission
- This position contributes to Starbucks success with driving access lifecycle management and general system administration of enterprise wide information technology systems including Oracle E- business, Transportation management and Hyperion suites.
- This role will work on problem identification and analysis, solution design, solution implementation, problem resolution, and carries accountability for deep understanding within the domain.
- This role needs to be proactive contributor in determining critical internal control risks, mapping of key internal control risks to accounts to key controls, developing appropriate audit plans and implement the necessary controls.
- This role will also participate in activities for general administration of applications including ERPs and enterprise cloud SaaS solutions.
- An effective Systems Engineer will also be able automate repetitive tasks and system flows using any of the programing language, Scripts or tools.
- Additionally, an effective Systems Engineer will be able to keep up with industry changes in their domain and keep the skills current for this role.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but not limited to the following:
- Assist in the internal control assessment and reporting process.
- Execution of SOX strategy decisions, scoping and planning for assigned environments.
- Review and reinforce of key controls around significant financial processes, accounts, and applications as well as digital innovation.
- Focusing on continuous improvement of the processes and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and ongoing compliance.
- Collaborating with the field, finance, business/operations, IT, and corporate process owners to help ensure ongoing compliance.
- Interacting with internal auditors on test execution and resolution of identified control failures.
- Coordinating the expectations of our external auditors.
- Direct, manage, and conduct special and ad hoc information requests. Report results of findings to management.
- Effective interaction with other Starbucks Technology partners, responding quickly and thoroughly to issues and requests.
- As required, initiate a POC with vendors on solution that are spawned based on new needs (business, application or tech stack initiated)
- Wherever possible, write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower human intervention time on any tasks
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have minimum 5 years industry experience.
- Must have minimum 3 years hands on experience administrating oracle EBS.
- Expertise in Oracle R12 EBS Application and System Administration including; reporting and application configuration; system use.
- Familiarity with Oracles support process;
- Prior experience with SOX control is a plus.
- Basic SQL skill is must for this role.
- Knowledge of any programming / scripting language is plus.
- Ability to evaluate findings based on quantitative and qualitative factors identified by SOX Process Owners, Internal Audit function, management and our External Auditors to assess internal control environment impact and report results to process owners and SOX Program Leads.
- Proactively review the company's control environment and provide recommendations on process / control improvement opportunities to process owners through coaching and influencing
- Ability to present ideas and concepts clearly to peers and management
- Agility to be comfortable with working in an unstructured environment Strong interpersonal skill; ability to build highly functioning working relationships
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take-charge and work in a professional team. Organizational skills to meet deadlines and manage multiple deliverables
- Detail oriented and willingness to roll up sleeves
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Self-motivating individual who can work independently with some guidance.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remotely across Geographies.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website