Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading and engendering world class safety culture and performance. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements
- Establishing and maintaining a Safety Heath and Environment (SHE) program
- Generate and maintain SHE auditing processes
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results
- Knowledge of and experience in interpretation of SHE regulations
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with the Company's business goals and objectives.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
Summary of Experience
- Experience of health and safety in an industrial setting 7 years
- Certified Safety Professional qualification
- Experience implementing, developing and maintaining safety programs
- Prefer post graduate health and safety qualification
- Strong background of forming relationships with federal and state regulators. Demonstrated ability to provide health and safety leadership and coaching to plant team, peers and leadership through change process.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of health and safety principles, concepts, theories and practices in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong skills in process risk assessment and root cause analysis
- Skilled in influencing of teams to achieve health and safety goals
- Strong knowledge of OHSA, EPA, state and federal health and safety regulation
- Knowledge of structuring emergency response systems
- Experience in managing workers compensation and return to work programs
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website