Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by ensuring that all production equipment is properly cleaned and that the facility meets all Food Regulatory Standards.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for detail cleaning of processing equipment including, production utensils, tanks, conveyors, overhead pipes, cooling units, walls, floors, drains, ceiling etc.
- Responsible for maintaining outside waste area and perimeter.
- Must use the 7 steps to effective wet wash during cleaning to maintain Food Safety and Pest Control.
- Must comply with all company and quality policies and chemical and safety procedures.
- May be required to assemble and disassemble processing equipment.
- Work in a timely manner to return production areas and equipment back to production.
- Responsible for transporting trash and other waste for disposal.
- Able to communicate problems or concerns with appropriate personnel.
- Wear all proper protective equipment during sanitation cleaning.
- Ability to learn equipment systems or use HMI screens to stop, start, and purge equipment.
- Required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Perform repetitive tasks: stand during most of the shift, walking, stooping, bending, reaching and crouching, climbing up/down stairs and ladders.
- Work in cold and wet environment (varies; approximately 40 degrees).
- Must be flexible with schedule, as shift times could change, weekends and overtime may be required or part of the normal work schedule.
- Ability to use chemicals (soap, sanitizers, acids) safely.
- Knowledge of sanitation equipment and tools.
- Knowledge of GMPs, Food Safety and Sanitation Procedures.
- Ability to read and understand Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Standard Cleaning Methods.
- Willing to learn and adhere to proper procedures in safety when working with moving machinery.
- Willing to accept change and work in a team-based environment.
- Understand Lock out tag out procedures.
- May be required to become certified in forklift, scissor lift, boom lift, or electric pallet jack certification.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in Food Manufacturing a plus
- Must have good attendance
- Excellent oral & written communications skills
- Good planning & organizational skills
- Ability to make decision / good problem-solving skills
- Great listening skills and can follow instructions
- Ability to work in a team environment
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Apply on company website