Job Summary and Mission At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission using technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
We are looking for a hands-on-developer with broad experience to assist in building software applications for Starbucks retail point-of-sale platform.
This is a role for a developer that is comfortable working in a fast-paced collaborative environment that has an obsession for customer satisfaction and a bias for action to drive new features from inception to deployment and support.
As a senior developer, you will:
- Build POS applications using .NET (C#), SQL Server, XAML, and Azure
- Ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored
- Create working prototypes to prove out ideas
- Analyze and modify existing code to meet requirements
Summary of Key Responsibilities Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Designs, develops, implements, documents, and tests changes to an application subsystem. Creates prototypes and ensures deliverables are high quality and meet user expectations. Supports system and integration testing activities.
- Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to software development standards.
- Working with application development leads, establishes, maintains and ensures compliance with standards for development, testing and documentation.
- Coaches and mentors other less experienced team members. Performs cross-training and facilitates information sharing among team members.
- Collaborates with team members to recommend new software development technologies and development processes.
- Participates in requirements gathering and functional specification activities. Assist with development of functional designs and resolving complex design issues. May act as senior technical expert to consult with and analyze the business needs.
- Participates in on-call rotations to resolve/mitigate production application issues. Contributes to the documentation of production support processes. Anticipates long term support issues and plans for corrective actions. Performs root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues.
Summary of Experience
- Analyzing, diagnosing and proposing solutions to technical application issues and user problems (6 years)
- Application development and object-oriented programming experience (6 years)
- Development, deploying and supporting large enterprise scale solutions (6 years)
- Working with process owners and identifying information technology solutions that enable business process improvements (4 years)
- Service oriented or restful API development (2 years)
- Working in Agile development teams (2 years)
- Proficiency in .NET (C#, WPF, XAML)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid understanding of OO principles, Design Patterns and Software Extensibility Models
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn new application systems and technologies
- Strong proficiency in programming languages
- Ability to accurately break down complex applications designs into component deliverables and estimate design and development timelines
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Agile methodologies, DevOps models, and Test-driven development processes.
- Experience with Lean/Continuous Improvement practices
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website