Job Location: United States / Augusta, GA
Job Title: financial analyst sr
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by supporting, developing and improving the financial processes that enable sound planning and decision-making for the Augusta, GA Coffee & Soluable Plant. Facilitates the development of strategic and operating plans. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles. Minimal travel required.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads the development of assigned business unit or department's annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts. Supports the development of financial strategic plans. Establishes timelines, partners with budget owners, manages consolidation and initiates timely reviews of the financial projections to ensure plans are delivered on time and are consistent with overall company plans. Identifies and communicates plans' risks and opportunities. Conducts decision analyses as needed and communicates results.
- Performs due diligence for new initiatives. Performs sensitivity and incremental cost/benefit decision analyses. Conducts audits. Builds financial models and provides analytical support for business initiatives and contract negotiations. Identifies, analyzes, and communicates trends and issues affecting the business.
- Analyzes and provides feedback on monthly financial results and key performance measures. Prepares management reports against forecast, budget and prior year. Provides root cause variance explanations and highlights opportunities and risks. Identifies trends, communicates observations and provides recommendations for cost and margin improvements.
- Provides and explains financial information and guidance effectively to all levels of management. Educates financial/business acumen and ensures adherence to policy. Establishes and facilitates process development and performs on-going review of planning and reporting process to evaluate effectiveness and making recommendations for improvements.
- Perform audits and analysis of bills of material to ensure accurate product costing. Analyze and explain any variances.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Analyze and explain any discrepancies.
- Attend plant production meetings.
Summary of Experience
- Financial analysis 5 years
- Bachelors degree or 4 or more years of US military experience
- 5 or more years of experience in a role performing financial analysis job functions, including budgeting, forecasting, planning and financial reporting
- 2 or more years of experience in a role using electronic financial modeling skills
- 3 or more years of experience in a role presenting financial analysis and recommendations to a business unit leader
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment - Advanced financial modeling skills
- Working knowledge of financial and management accounting principles
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website