Do you have experience of leading and delivering strategy within a multi-ownership model? If the answer is yes, we've got an exciting opportunity for you to join our retail leadership team as the senior manager, retail operations with our licensing teams. As part of our extended leadership team, we'll look to you to create and deliver the UK strategic plan within our licensing operations, working in collaboration with our company owned operations team and retail operations director for the UK to deliver the plan cross functionally.
You'll either have previous experience of managing fast-paced, multi-ownership operations or account management or director experience with experience of representing your team at a senior level. You'll have strong business acumen and influencing across boundaries, balancing the needs of diverse business requirements with different priorities. Your relationship building will be key to this role, building cross-functional relationships and being able to quickly engage key leaders as well as negotiating on contracts. You'll be leading a high performing team both directly with your senior business managers and indirectly through their team of business managers to build future talented leaders within Starbucks.
The best part about this role is that no two days are ever the same! A typical week will see you spending time in the field and could include:
- Collaborating with the UK Retail team, ensuring the continual improvement and evolution of the strategy, services, processes, guidelines, tools, systems and business partner support provided by the team
- Supporting the development of the UK Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and quarterly forecast updates and using the strategic plan and AOP to build and influence key stakeholders in the creation of mutually equitable business plans
- Working with functional leaders to set a collaborative and aligned approach for the rollout of UK activities and provides insight and decision making for improvements in trading performance and business KPIs
- Acting as a point of escalation and support for licensed business leaders and looks for ways to improve and grow strong trusting relationships with licensees
- Influencing and inspiring the Retail Operations team to be ambassadors for excellence, and acts as the central resource point for retail field leadership and licensed business partners
- Supporting the Operations Services team to set, maintain and evolve operational standards, tools, systems, performance and profitability. Making sure full return on investment can be articulated for all work released
- Collaborating with EMEA teams as needed and provides relevant insight on information and data to support delivery of all EMEA strategic framework activity
- Leading weekly trading meetings, period and quarterly reviews
- Incorporating both licensed and company-owned operations feedback into prioritisation of activities that support continued improvements in trade.
- Oversees activity to support unlocking P&L opportunities in labour and inventory and other projects assigned.
In return, we'll offer you a competitive starting salary and benefits that include:
- 25 days holiday a year (plus Bank Holidays)
- Car allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Our bonus scheme, sharing in the success of Starbucks and your stores
- Life assurance and private medical insurance for (couple/single parent cover)
- Comprehensive training (including coffee knowledge!) and access to Starbucks Global Academy (our online learning platform to help continuously develop yourself)
- Free bag of coffee each week and a 30% partner discounts on food, beverages, and merchandise
- Discounts with local and national retailers (cell phones, gym memberships, entertainment tickets, hotels, etc.) through Perks at Work platform
- Subscription to Headspace
- Home Sweet Loan (Interest-free loans that can be paid back over 12 months to help pay your rental deposit)
- Bean stock options for all partners (own part of Starbucks!)
- A free 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme available to you and your family
- Great long-term career opportunities in store and our support center roles
So, if you like the thrill of creating moments of joy for our customers and partners, apply today!
Starbucks is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All applicants and partners will be treated fairly, without regard to race, religion, sex, nationality, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity and expression.
Apply on company website