Who We Are It's not just about coffee. It's about being part of a different kind of company. The mission of Starbucks is to inspire the human spirit, one person, one cup, one neighborhood at a time. At Starbucks, it's about connection – with our customers, our partners (employees), our communities and our coffee. Our culture is defined by our values which are to create a culture of warmth and belonging, act with courage and collaborate across disciplines. We are committed to connecting with transparency, dignity, and respect while delivering the absolute best in all we do. We are performance driven, through the lens of humanity, and if you are part of Starbucks, you are part of something special – you are a Partner in one of the most recognized and respected companies in the world.
Job Summary and Mission This Digital Workplace position contributes to Starbucks success by leading Starbucks Technology cross-functional projects. The role plays a significant part in building and leading high performing teams on Global Technology projects ranging from medium platform enhancement efforts to large enterprise product implementations and product upgrades. This sr. project manager role partners closely with business stakeholders and IT delivery teams, collaborating on strategic and tactical program planning, project planning and execution, and project delivery. The successful candidate will be able to look across the business to understand demand and work across a variety of technology teams to deliver solutions in focus area. The Digital Workplace sr. project manager will take a broad view across the My Daily applications and technology groups to understand, manage, and lead the technology program focusing on these retail partner facing solutions.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee tactical planning and day-to-day management of the My Daily platform, including integrations with Content Management and Marketing Technology.
- In partnership with program leadership and subject matter experts, engage business stakeholders on project ideation, assisting with the creation of business cases, estimating ROI and formal project funding submissions.
- Develop a deep understanding of work streams within the My Daily portfolio, manage assigned projects with clarity of context, and develop a deep understanding of cross-program portfolio dependencies.
- Ensure alignment of proposed projects with the program roadmap and its goals, and manage project planning and execution accordingly.
- Drive complex, cross-functional enterprise projects, leading multiple efforts within a specific program simultaneously, with complexity and capacity as a limiting factor.
- Lead high performing, cross-functional, often geographically distributed teams.
- Work independently, without the need for day-to-day guidance from senior program management leadership.
- Serve as a project manager for key initiatives within the program.
- Core project management duties include shepherding projects through formal funding gates; develop and manage project plans that include detailed budgets, project timelines, detailed task-driven schedules, project RACI and resource plans, and communication plans; and managing project execution from discovery through sustainment.
- Partner closely with the scrum master and product owner on all relevant activities.
- Ensure that program and project status reports and quarterly updates are relevant, transparent, and add value.
- Partner with relevant IT and business hiring managers to ensure that the project has the skillsets and capacity required for delivery.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Leadership and Communication:
- Lead by example – with confidence, a positive attitude, patience, honesty and integrity, and a strong sense of commitment.
- Ability to ‘read the room', to know what is possible and what is not, and to know how to navigate any situation efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to engage in difficult conversations that result in positive, actionable outcomes.
- Ability to navigate complex political landscapes effectively.
- Seek and provide honest, transparent feedback.
- Team-building mastery.
- Ability to set expectations and hold individuals and team members accountable to their commitments.
- Drive decision-making that favours compromise and alignment over consensus-building.
- Masterful facilitation skills for all types of engagements.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
Acumen and Learning Agility:
- Deep understanding of IT program and portfolio management practices.
- Deep knowledge of standards and practices for IT project lifecycle management activities and deliverables.
- Understanding of project technical activities, including: (1) solution analysis and design; (2) enterprise, solution, and infrastructure architecture; (3) systems integration; (4) data conversion and migration; (5) environment management and build processes; and (6) deployment planning and execution.
- Expertise in MS Project (Project Server) and at least one program portfolio management tool, such as MS Project Portfolio Management (PPM).
- Advanced skills in the MS Office Product Suite, particularly Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Summary of Experience
- Minimum of five years experience as a project manager or senior project manager in an IT or software development setting.
- Strong preference for candidates with extensive experience working on complex, integrated platforms.
- Strong preference for candidates with a background in Agile.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree is desired, but not required. Strong preference for candidates with a degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or Management.
- PMP and PgMP certifications are a plus, but not required.
Core Competencies Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience. Works Well with Others: Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Starbucks. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive. Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions. Develops Continuously: Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their potential. Achieves Results: Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website