We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated Java engineer with 5+ years of experience in developing implemention applications and 7+ technology experience. As an Engineer senior, you will collaboratively identify, design, develop and deploy technology and process solutions to implement highly scalable reactive application platform solutions in Cloud based Linux environments. This role requires deep technical expertise, domain proficiency, platform depth, and leadership. Typical activities include requirements analysis, solution design, technical development, and process improvement coupled with the ability to drive efforts and solution improvements effectively across various IT and business functions. In addition to delivering new technology and enhancing/supporting existing systems, an effective engineer senior contributes relevant technical, functional, and process expertise, negotiates and drives alignment, and coaches and mentors less-experienced developers. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop reactive application on Java programming language.
- Setup, configured and maintain backend application globally.
- Build and unit test API with jbehave, gatling.
- Helping CI/CD team duing rolling out application and infrastructure globally.
- Collaborates with development team, other Information Technology (IT) teams developer leads. Initiates process improvements for new and existing systems.
- Participates in the solution design process: requirements gathering and backlog refinement, shapes and guides systems approach, helps with project initiation, contributes to functional design, and leads technical design and development.
- Develops software solutions to business problems. Leverages established design patterns and coding standards. Builds solutions that are secure, durable, scalable, flexible, and accessible and proactively mitigate against production support issues.
- Participates in a production support rotation that includes pager responsibilities.
- Coaches, and mentors other team members. Performs cross-training and facilitates information sharing among team members.
- Automates test coverage per platform capabilities and requirements. Establishes and maintains continuous build and integration testing on applicable platforms and assists with manual system and integration testing efforts.
- Key contributor and driver in the deployment approach, including planning and execution, data conversion approach, script development and execution, warranty period and transition of the solution to the platform's operational context.
- Operates in both waterfall and Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes and methodologies.
Summary of Experience
- Requires 7+ years experience in the IT industry
- Requires 5+ years hands-on experience development experience in java
- Experience with using kafka, event hub or any messaging broker.
- Experiece in working with Linux environment.
- Experience in using IDE for java like eclipse, intellij etc.
- Strong experience in core java, multi threaded programming, data structures and collections.
- Extensive understanding in SDLC and scrum methodologies.
- Hands on experience in end to end application development.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in programming languages
- Ability to quickly learn new application systems and technologies
- Knowledge of basic project management framework and methodology
- Ability to accurately break down complex application designs into component deliverables and estimate design and development timelines
- Requires Strong Systems Life Cycle methodology experience
- Requires excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Expertise in Java, J2EE application development.
- Exeperice in developing scalable applications, testing frameworks with java.
- Experience in working with clound implementation.
- Experience in configuring, deploying applications in AWS or AZURE using SBT.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like github.
- Knowlegde with is scala would be plus.
General IT Skills:
- Experience in Application support – Problem diagnosis and resolution
- Expert in interpretation of functional requirements
- Development of technical design specifications for complex projects
- Expert in industry standard development methodologies
- Experience in middleware integration using tools like Web Methods
- A good understanding of industry standards and best practices to be able to conduct code reviews
- Conduct code reviews with the team to improve compliance with established best practices and coding standards
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the Development Team to improve overall quality of code and application development
- Work with team members to ensure application designs are in line with best practices and are scalable, reliable, and that all designs optimize performance and usability.
- Requires strong problem solving and analytic skills to translate business requirements into systems solutions.
- Integrate application support efforts with concurrent, parallel application development efforts
- Provide technical expertise to Siebel support team
- Delivers legendary service that meets and exceeds all customers' expectations
Ethics and Integrity
- Adheres to Starbucks values, beliefs and principles during good and bad times
- Remains calm, maintains perspective and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations
- Takes personal responsibility for the continuous learning of new knowledge, skills and experiences
Dealing with Ambiguity
- Able to successfully function during times of uncertainty and changing priorities
- Makes timely and quality decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Builds effective relationships with all people; up, down and sideways, inside and outside of Starbucks
- Gets results and achieves goals
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website