Job Summary and Mission We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated Cassandra/NoSQL developer with 3+ years of Cassandra development experience and 7+ IT experience. In this role, the Cassandra Developer Senior will be responsible for working with Application Developer lead, functional analysts and other developers to implement and maintain Cassandra (Datastax Enterprize) and other application platform solutions in Cloud based Linux environments.
The ideal candidate will be involved throughout the entire life cycle of high complexity projects including, but not limited to: research and analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, training, and documentation - following and evolving standards and procedures.
Summary of Key Responsibilities Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborates with functional analysts, other Information Technology (IT) teams and application developers and developer leads. Initiates process improvements for new and existing systems.
- Designs, develops, implements, documents, and tests changes to an application subsystem. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications. Creates more complex prototypes and ensures deliverables are high quality and meet user expectations. Supports system and integration testing activities. Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to software development standards.
- Coaches, and mentors other team members. Performs cross-training and facilitates information sharing among team members.
- Collaborates with Functional Analysts in completing deliverables. Translates business requirements and functional designs into technical designs. Assists with development of functional designs and resolves complex design issues. Acts as senior technical expert to analyze the business needs.
- Participates in a production support rotation that includes pager responsibilities.
Summary of Experience
- Requires 7+ years experience in the IT industry
- Requires 3+ years hands-on experience delivering Cassandra initiatives
- Requires strong Linux System Administration experience (5+ years)
- Requires experience with performance tunning for Cassandra cluster
- Requires hands-on experience delivering Cassandra initiatives
- Requires hands-on experience delivering Spark initiatives
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in programming languages
- Ability to quickly learn new application systems and technologies
- Knowledge of basic project management framework and methodology
- Ability to accurately break down complex application designs into component deliverables and estimate design and development timelines
Requires Strong Systems Life Cycle methodology experience
Requires excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Install and configure Cassadra datastax enterprise.
- Good understaning of Cassandra Architecture
- Expertise with Cassandra data modelling
- Experience with performance tuning and Cassandra cluster monitoring
- Hands-on experience in loading Batch and real time data to Cassandra is must
- Java, REST API & JSON experience preferred
- Experience in Big Data technologies and utilities (Solr, Spark etc.) is a big plus.
- ETL & data warehousing experience preferred
General IT Skills:
- Experience in Application support – Problem diagnosis and resolution
- Expert in interpretation of functional requirements
- Development of technical design specifications for complex projects
- Experience with Data mapping, data modeling, scripting
- Expert in industry standard development methodologies
- Experience in middleware integration using tools like Web Methods
- A good understanding of industry standards and best practices to be able to conduct code reviews
- Conduct code reviews with the team to improve compliance with established best practices and coding standards
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the Development Team to improve overall quality of code and application development
- Work with team members to ensure application designs are in line with best practices and are scalable, reliable, and that all designs optimize performance and usability.
- Requires strong problem solving and analytic skills to translate business requirements into systems solutions.
- Integrate application support efforts with concurrent, parallel application development efforts
- Provide technical expertise to Siebel support team
Core Competencies Customer Focus
- Delivers legendary service that meets and exceeds all customers' expectations
- Adheres to Starbucks values, beliefs and principles during good and bad times
- Remains calm, maintains perspective and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations
- Takes personal responsibility for the continuous learning of new knowledge, skills and experiences
- Able to successfully function during times of uncertainty and changing priorities
- Makes timely and quality decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Builds effective relationships with all people; up, down and sideways, inside and outside of Starbucks
- Gets results and achieves goals
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website