Job Summary and Mission
Are you a datascientist who thinks like a business owner? Are you passionate about solving business problems by designing optimalexperiments and deploying solutions at scale using 1st, 2nd, and 3rd partycustomer data in a next generation analytics infrastructure to help Starbucksoptimize digital engagements with our 75M customers?
If you answered“yes” to the questions above, please come and join our Customer MarketingAnalytics team. You will help optimize app-level product recommendations,digitial menu board content, voice-order recommendations, drive-thrupersonalized menu board content, in-store marketing via personalized content onorder labels and POS systems.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Leverage and enhance Starbucks' “DeepBrew” data science experimentation and ML solutions deployment platform that is built in Azure
- Build and operationalize Machine Learning models in batch, real-time data pipelines and scalable Restful APIs
- Employ scaling and automation to data preparation in cloud-based VMs and clusters
- Determine analytics approaches to solve business problems; incorporate machine learning algorithms where appropriate
- Actively participate in an Agile team structure designed to create a bias for action (fail fast)
- Connect insights to business decision making options and next steps testing
- Understand business initiatives and serve as primary analytic resource in discussions with business partners to define business questions and research opportunities
- Drive creation of business insights package and recommendations; lead presentations
- Create clear and concise packaging and presentation of data products' design and utility to business leaders and broader analytics community
- Promote and advocate value of advanced analytics to solve business problems within department
- Mentor peers in data science
Summary of Experience
- Years within data analysis field or discipline (3 years minimum)
- Education: MS+ with concentration in quantitative discipline - Stats, Math, Comp Sci, Engineering, Econ, Quantitative Social Science or similar discipline
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Advanced competency and expertise in at least one Modeling & Machine Learning Techniques (regression, tree models, survival analysis, cluster analysis, forecasting, anomaly detection, association rules, etc.) with exposure and business-applicable experience in additional techniques
- Advanced competency and expertise in at least one Data ETL (Teradata, Oracle, SQL, Python, Java, Ruby, Pig) with exposure and business-applicable experience in additional languages
- Advanced competency and expertise in at least one Analytic Languages (R, SAS, SPSS, Stata) with exposure and business-applicable experience in additional languages
- Big data processing techniques, preferred
- Retail, customer loyalty, and eCommerce experience, preferred
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website