Now Brewing – Project Management! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
As a sr. project manager in Partner Technology, you will be responsible for leading high performing teams on global retail technology projects ranging from basic platform enhancement efforts to complex enterprise product implementations and upgrades. Bring your Project Management, technology experience and savvy to this organization to drive and deliver projects that support delivering a best in class experience to Starbucks Partners. Strong candidates have an appetite for challenge and a mind for problem solving, a concise and insightful communication style when it comes to driving and leading teams to achieve dates, a good sense of humor in the face of ambiguity and an inherent ability to balance priorities.
As a sr project manager, you will…
- Develop a deep understanding of projects within the program portfolio, manages assigned projects with a clear understanding of business and IT context, and develops an understanding of cross-program portfolio dependencies.
- Drives complex, cross-functional enterprise projects, leading multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Leads high performing, cross-functional, often globally distributed teams.
- Works independently, with limited day-to-day guidance from senior program management leadership.
- Performs core project management duties, including guiding the project through formal approval and funding gates; developing a project plan that includes a detailed budget, project timeline, detailed task-driven schedule, project RACI and resource plan, and communication plan; and managing project execution from analysis/design through build, test, and deployment.
- Is able to lead and deliver projects within waterfall and agile project methodologies.
- Ensures that project status reports are relevant, transparent, and add value.
- Partners with relevant IT and business hiring managers to ensure that the project has the skill sets and resources required for delivery
We'd love to hear from people with:
- Experience as a project manager in IT or a software development setting.
- Experience working in IT or a software development setting.
- Mentoring of other project managers.
- Scrum/agile project implementation experience
- Minimum of five years' experience as a project manager in IT or a software development setting; must have at least eight years overall experience working in IT or a software development setting.
- Experience using Agile methods and working on complex, integrated platforms required.
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent industry experience
- PMP, PgMP, and Scrum Master Certifications are a plus.
3+ years' experience as a project manager in IT or a softwaredevelopment setting.
5+ years' experience working in IT or a software developmentsetting.
3-5 years of project management experience implementing large scale Workforce Management and/or Human Resource Software Solutions
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website