Now Brewing – senior talent researcher, global talent management ! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only
celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
Our Global Talent Management COE has an exciting and unique opportunity for a senior talent researcher. This role is intentionally designed to apply your research skills to a wide range of talent management challenges, including recruiting intelligence, market mapping, sourcing, talent management intelligence, talent benchmarking, executive development planning and talent strategy, and more!
This role reports to our manager of global talent acquisition but works in partnership with all teams within our Global Talent Management COE. Our team is a highly collaborative, high performing group, that values collaboration, innovation and having fun along the way.
What are your core responsibilities?
Stay ahead of market trends to push our thinking and ground our talent strategies in fact:
- Conduct targeted research to advise the organization on how to define organization & talent health and provide comparative external benchmarks and metrics
- Advise PRO BPs (Partner Resources business partners) & business leaders on workforce and capability trends in their disciplines for consideration in shaping their talent strategies
- Research and surface case studies and best practices for solving the talent problems our leaders are struggling with
Build pipelines of inspiring candidates to lead the company into the future:
- Conduct deep, cross-industry research, to identify future-oriented capability requirements and understand various role design trends to inform the creation of future-oriented position specs
- Lead development and execution of sourcing strategies to identify talent and/or passive candidate pools to meet short and long-term leadership needs
- Build and maintain a competitive intelligence database, qualifying and extracting information from multiple data sources, to provide candidate target lists for focused recruitment;
- Research and advise PRO BPs on external development options for identified leadership needs related to transition plans and leadership development plans
Build PRO capability and creates pull for research to inform decision making:
- Serve as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) and mentor to guide recruiters, PRO BPs, and PRO COE (Center of Excellence) partners on best practices and utilization of the research tools
- Create venues and opportunities to embed research practices, benchmarking and other data-driven practices into the way PRO works and makes decisions
Conduct ad-hoc research as needed and capacity allows!
We'd love to hear from people with:
- Research Methodology: has expertise in research tools and methods and the ability to select the most efficient and effective research approach for the problem at hand
- Business & Recruiting tools: is skilled at core business tools (MS products) and recruiting tools (sourcing tools, applicant tracking systems, market mapping tools, DocuSign, etc.)
- Reasoning with Agility: connects ideas and information in a flexible and fluid manner, learning and integrating new information in ever-changing circumstances.
- Consultative approach: listens attentively, qualifies and clarifies the problem to solve; takes a structured approach to problem solving, while engaging key stakeholders throughout
- Communication & Stakeholder management: Communicates clearly and concisely at an executive appropriate level, visually and verbally
- Propensity for Partnering: builds strong relationships across teams and stakeholders to bring others along and set all parties up for success
- Recruiting & Sourcing Experience: brings significant expertise and experience in end-to-end recruiting
- Talent Assessment: has significant experience in aptly assessing talent against varying contexts and nuances; has a strong track record of identifying leaders who go on to be successful
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website