Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by managing tactical store inventory replenishment, suggested orders and allocation
functions, systems, processes necessary to maintain appropriate in-store inventory levels to support attainment of sales and
margin forecast. This job will support attainment of inventory strategies and established customer service objectives resulting
in having the right product in the right place at the right time. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Manages ongoing store replenishment orders to balance store demand with business unit objectives, cost and supply
• Manages set-up and maintenance of the store replenishment system, including life cycle management.
• Manages location level inventory strategies to support planned sales, forecasted demand and item exit strategies.
• Identifies optimal replenishment method and parameters for portfolio of products weighted towards average order history
• Analyzes data to generate store groups and selling profiles to optimize store replenishment parameters.
• Collaborates with business partners and supply chain functional teams to execute strategies to enhance sales and margin
results through improved service levels.
• Creates reports to monitor inventory assessment, proactively quantifies and communicates store inventory concerns,
assists in developing and gaining alignment as well as executing a recovery plan.
• Contributes store knowledge and data to help identify gaps, risks and opportunities. Participates in formulating
recommendations and contingency plans, communicates and aligns with internal business partners.
• Collects business unit marketing data and incorporates it into appropriate system parameters to develop store allocations,
replenishment, and/or suggested orders.
• Measures store performance, analyzes cause and effect, recommends and executes corrective actions and publishes
• Participates in the refinement and improvement of supply chain operational processes, systems and product to support
• Participates as subject matter expert for store replenishment planning on cross functional or global project teams.
• Supports timely project completion and communication of action items and provides updates to the larger team.
• Identifies and recommendation opportunities to improve suggested ordering results for stores resulting in improved
• Identifies gaps and recommends changes to parameter settings, business processes or technology improvements.
• Establishes and maintains supportive relationships with business partners, supply chain cross functional teams and internal
team partners to ensure effective communication of strategic and tactical issues.
• Provides training on systems and processes, assists in mentoring team members.
Summary of Experience
- Progressive supply chain planning experience - 2 years
- Preferred BA/BS degree and knowledge of APICS, Lean, Six Sigma and/or other Supply Chain Planning or Continuous
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
â€¢ Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
â€¢ Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
â€¢ Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
â€¢ Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access
â€¢ Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
â€¢ Effective presentation and influencing skills
â€¢ Working knowledge of purchasing, scheduling or inventory management processes
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website