Job Summary and Mission
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
As a systems analyst II – Warehouse Management, you will become a part of a fun and exciting team that designs, deploys, and supports technology and process solutions establishing key business capabilities for our Warehouse Management teams. This role requires experience performing requirements analysis, solution design, and process improvement coupled with the ability to collaborate across various IT and business functions.
Starbucks uses Manhattan WMOS as its warehouse management system (WMS) to manage distribution centers in the US. Starbucks has embarked on a transformational journey to uplift the distribution network and systems to support global growth. The largest distribution center in the network is currently being upgraded to completely automate all outbound activity. There is a strong need to get to the next generation digital experience by harnessing IOT and Machine Learning. You will be part of this exciting roadmap of strategic initiatives that will ensure that Starbucks Supply Chain continues to be among the industry leaders.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Gathers, analyzes, and documents solution requirements. Facilitates user story creation and backlog refinement in an agile environment.
• Utilizes LEAN techniques to develop business process designs and improve operations via process re-engineering efforts.
• Supports solution design utilizing user-centric design techniques.
• Effectively assesses improvement opportunities (productivity/efficiency gains, cost savings, etc.)
• Considers overall user technology experience in thoughtfully designing engaging solutions.
System Configuration & Testing
• Performs application configuration (i.e. create attributes, workflows and UI changes) in support of solution delivery initiatives.
• Supports data conversion. Performs the extract, load, and validation of converted data.
• Supports solution testing efforts by developing test plans, preparing test environments, performing test execution, and validating test results.
• Uses data queries to support validation of data conversion and test results.
• Provides 24*7 global support of critical systems.
• Drive system support, working trouble tickets and escalating to teammates according to priority and required expertise queue, completing resolution within SLA.
• Develops system proficiency and builds subject matter expertise through root cause analysis.
• Coordinates issue resolution with vendors and/or cross-functional teams. Provides timely and thorough communication regarding issue status/resolution with end-users and team.
• Creates and maintains systems documentation (e.g. Wiki, Knowledge Base Articles) Develops and facilitates system training.
• Uses query tools to write ad-hoc queries for mass data analysis and operational reports.
• Self-directed; is successful with minimal direction from more senior analysts providing escalation when necessary.
• Partners with business and development teams, responding quickly and thoroughly to issues and requests.
• Provides constructive input and perspective to team conversations.
• Able to lead small streams of design/work
Summary of Experience
• 4+ years of relevant experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of systems development lifecycle and IT operations.
• Warehouse Management systems - analysis, configuration, implementation, and support (any top tier WM systems - Manhattan WMOS, Supply Chain Intelligence (SCI), Slotting, Labor Management System (LMS) preferred)
• ERP integrations with WMS - analysis, implementation, and/or support (any top tier ERP, Oracle preferred)
• Experience working in any Warehouse Execution systems valued.
• Strong analytical skills and a proficiency in SQL
• Utilizes user-centric design concepts in conjunction with agile development and testing processes to support development of highly engaging technology solutions.
• Ability to use business knowledge, sound judgment, and resourcefulness to design and deploy highly reliable and sustainable technology solutions.
• Applies knowledge of business principles and technology practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional activities.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com.
Apply on company website