Job Summary and Mission:
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission using cutting-edge technology delivered to our customers, partners, stores, roasters, and global communities.
We are excited to add a Technical Product Manager role that contributes to Starbucks success by building and expanding the Starbucks Technology product portfolio within enterprise functions including Legal, Treasury, and Real Estate. We design, build and nurture technology products that elevate the Starbucks brand and grows our business by amplifying human connections, relationships, and experiences. You're sought after to recognize and articulate business problems and opportunities, create product vision and strategies, define requirements/epics/user stories, define target metrics that will guide engineering teams to design, build, release, and monitor technical solutions efficiently.
To be successful, the technical product manager should be comfortable working in a collaborative environment along with a passion for creating simple and engaging experiences.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Product Definition & Value
- Responsible for determining business needs, understanding market demands and technical trends, problem solving and proposing product and technical solutions.
- Aligns with business partners to balance business and technical objectives and manifest these as clear, stable priorities for the team.
- Manages product planning through day-to-day collaboration and decision making with a cross-functional team including architects, engineers, business partners, and subject matter representatives.
- Creates data flows and functional and technical specifications as needed.
- Defines non-functional requirements including performance, scalability, resilience, usability, accessibility, security, and business continuity.
- Defines product health and performance metrics.
- Creates dashboard/reporting requirements and KPIs to measure product performance.
- Identifies opportunities to improve feature performance and overall product health using data.
- Stays abreast of new technology capabilities and leverages knowledge in contributing to product solutions.
- Measures feature success post deployment and feeds insights back to the team and business partners.
Communication and Collaboration
- Interacts directly with business stakeholders to understand business problems.
- Presents options/recommendations clearly and persuasively to support business stakeholder decisions.
- Works with engineering teams to understand, prioritize and document technical and non-functional features.
- Communicates effectively and independently with technology and business teams.
- Owns effective relationships with engineering and product teams across Starbucks Technology.
Product Planning & Delivery
- Demonstrates capability to practice product development in iterative and agile methodologies
- Identifies and documents technical tradeoffs as well as dependencies and constraints
- Works with cross-functional teams on feature sizing and delivery planning
- Manages execution and eliminates blocking issues during development
- Performs validation of feature against stated goals; facilitates user review/acceptance testing
- Effective communication of product delivery milestones and progress
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Technology
- Demonstrated ability to work with design and engineering to deliver product features (4 years)
- Hands on experience in developing roadmaps, priorities, features, story outlines, writing user stories, refining product backlogs, and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast-paced, changing environment with variety of stakeholders (4 years)
- Demonstrated ability to use analytics and optimization tools to inform product planning and prioritization (4 years)
- 4+ years of experience in technology environment to define and deliver complex products.
- Experience using presentation skills to influence decisions
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of development practices, methodologies, and tools
- Prior software engineering experience is a plus.
- Prior experience with technology solutions in the Legal, Treasury or Real Estate domains is a plus.
Summary of Experience
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues to support decision making.
- Familiarity/Experience in writing user stories, refining product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience in using agile and iterative methodologies.
- Detailed and results-oriented, able to analyze data to justify product decisions and apply key learnings.
- Ability to apply knowledge of business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website