Job Summary and Mission We are seeking a Tier 1 operations analyst who is passionate about technology, self-motivated, is a strong communicator, solution driven, and customer focused. If you are excited about technology, design, collaboration and delivery you may be an ideal candidate to join our world class team.
The Starbucks Technology Operations Center supports mission critical systems supporting Starbucks across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Our highly diverse and talented team plays a key role in supporting and providing IT services to our partners, stores, and customers 24x7.
In this role, you will contribute to Starbucks success by ensuring the stability of enterprise wide information technology systems and networks by providing support, analysis, problem resolution, and system lifecycle management. You will be a member of a team of support professionals who interact daily with IT and business stakeholder groups in a highly collaborative manner.
To be successful you must have proven skills in supporting systems and process solutions supporting business objectives across a global user base, with a relentless commitment to delivering innovative, quality work while supporting the effectiveness and growth of our team and modeling and acting in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems
- Monitors critical business operations and performance indicators through various IT control tools in real-time
- Provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution of server/storage/network devices, applications, etc.
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts. Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact
- Analyzes and diagnoses operational failures communicating closely with Service Desk and Incident Management until resolution.
- Troubleshoots server resource depletion issues memory, CPU, etc.
- Manage resources to virtual machines using vSphere.
- Monitors and performs all backup and restore activities, restarts backup jobs, and assists with media exchange management.
- Recognizes and initiates escalations for all system issues or outages including switch, routing systems, computer systems, customized department systems and all applicable supported applications within guidelines.
- Monitors Datacenter environmental systems to maintain the health of the facilities and equipment held within and escalates per established process.
- Manages the access of all datacenters and hosted facilities for partners and third-party vendors; adheres to security policies.
- Communicates infrastructure and network performance trends and areas of concern to management and helps implement corrective actions plans as needed.
- Assist on various projects and tasks as assigned by management team.
- Racks and stacks physical devices in the Data Center as needed.
Summary of Experience
- 3+ Years of experience in an operations center support role or combination of technical support experience and education.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to gather data from multiple points and correlate events.
- Familiarity with console management, incident management, and job scheduler software applications.
- Ability to apply quality customer service for both internal and external team members by phone, email, or in person.
- Familiarity with Information Technology Security practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to work across platforms (Windows, UNIX/Linux)
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service under pressure
- Ability to work a flexible schedule if needed to support a 24x7x365 environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and comprehension skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization and work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Scripting and automation skills are a plus
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Apply on company website