Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: This position has primary responsibility for providing clinical oversight of programming and service delivery within the Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU). The Clinical Supervisor will direct the provision of mental health services; implement recovery based psychosocial programming to optimize youth strengths, skills, and partnerships with family, community and staff; and, assure that youths needs are being met through program activities while adhering to quality standards and best practices.
Education and Experience
Master's degree in a social science field plus at least four (4) years of experience in a behavioral health field and one (1) year in a leadership role
License or Certification
BBS Licensed as LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, or Psychologist
Ability to provide Clinical Supervision per BBS regulations
Valid California Driver's License.
- Ability to sit for long periods, up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to drive within the community in personal and company vehicles.
- Ability to physically perform ProACT.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
- Potential for eye and wrist strain from computer screen and minor lacerations from paper cuts.
- Interaction with potentially assaultive youth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hires, trains, and supervises team members as assigned.
- Ensures adherence to BBS requirements when providing clinical supervision to appropriate intern/associate staff. Uses in vivo supervision as appropriate.
- Develops the program model's framework with the Director and works with and holds staff expectations within the program model's framework, including recovery based psychosocial programming, to provide services to participants and families referred to the program.
- Maintains on-going relations with other CBOs, health care facilities, placement centers, faith-based communities, schools, and other resources necessary to affect the continuum of care for youth and families in the community.
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation of services within the electronic health record. Ensure timely completion of all State and County outcome measures and reports.
- Be part of and available for assignment to the Managerial on-call rotation for after-hours facility/patient emergencies. Participates in administrative supervision of the facility as an On-Call Manager.
- Attends regular leadership meetings; prepares and presents program data at TQM meetings. Regularly meets with Supervisor to share and problem solve program and management issues.
- Participates in various team meetings on an as-needed basis, including Treatment Teams and Family Therapy sessions to support the team with meeting the participant's and family's needs.
- Participates in the agency's and SBHG's Total Quality Management and Continuous Quality Improvement systems which support compliance with Joint Commission and other accreditation standards as applicable.
- Participates in TQM activities as requested including CQI subcommittees, probes, peer review, audit and/or tracer activities as appropriate.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website