Stars Behavioral Health Group was recently certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, based on extensive ratings provided by its employees in anonymous surveys. According to the study, 75 percent of employees say it is a great workplace.
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to improve the lives of people living with mental health and other challenges to their wellbeing. SBHG currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California. We serve more than 30,000 adults, children, youth and families annually throughout the state. We strongly value and are committed to having a truly diverse workforce and environment- including LGBTQ, cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity in our workforce. We also value lived experience and employ staff who have been consumers of behavioral healthcare or other social services, or supported a consumer as a family member or caregiver.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in our outpatient clinics and 24/7 treatment facilities, and in community settings such as schools and homes. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other community-based agencies.
JOB SUMMARY: The Nurse Manager supervises and monitors nursing activities performed by all nursing personnel and cooperates and interacts with other departments in the agency. This position provides direct services as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited school of registered nursing, required.
Bachelor's degree, preferred.
Four (4) years of experience working as a nurse in a behavioral health field
One (1) year supervisory experience preferred.
License or Certification
Valid California RN license.
Current CPR certification.
- Ability to physically perform Pro-ACT.
- Ability to visually and audibly assess participants' behavior and needs.
- Ability to provide first aide.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods, up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to drive within the community in personal vehicle.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
- Potential for eye and wrist strain from computer screen and minor lacerations from paper cuts.
- Repetitive movements – writing and typing.
- Interaction with potentially assaultive youth.
- Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hires, on-boards, and trains nursing staff.
- Supervises all aspects of nursing care provided by nursing staff.
- Aids in the development of and adherence to nursing service objectives, standards of nursing practice, and nursing policy and procedure manuals.
- Provides direct services as assigned to supplement nursing staffing and services.
- Recommends to Program Director the number and levels of nursing personnel to be employed, participates in their recruitment and selection.
- Aids in the development and monitoring of the Infection Control Program for the facility to safeguard clients and staff; advises Program Director of potential infection hazards and recommends corrective measures; and reports findings and recommendations at least quarterly to the Safety Committee.
- Coordinates the development, implementation and maintenance of an accurate work schedule for all nursing staff including a current on-call list.
- Ensures accurate, complete, and appropriate nursing care documentation is generated and maintained in a timely mannerin the medical record.
- Assists in crisis de-escalation and provides support and assistance in problem resolution.
- Participates in agency leadership and program-specific meetings. Facilitates regular departmental meetings.
- Free employee health insurance offered for applicable full time positions
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- A unique environment – we're an employee owned organization!
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website