Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 30,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.
Come join our upcoming program COTT/OTT as a Peer Parent/Parent Partner-Bilingual in our Reseda office.
The Peer Partner/Parent Partner focus is on linking children and adults to mental health services and communityresources. He/she regularly attends the Child Family Team (CFT) Meetings and actively participates in development of the Plan of Care/Safety Crises Plan, Strengths Summary and the completion of the Caregiver Assessment. Must demonstrate ability to conduct a strengths interview with family members; tell own story as appropriate to engage families, build on family strengths; communicate clearly and through documentation. The Parent Partner assists other team members in coordinating services, case management or developing plans for the family. Collaborates with team members to ensure adherence to program process and principles, as well as, TEAMMATES philosophy of “Whatever It Takes.” Parent Partners participate in Network and SPA meetings, as appropriate. Parent Partners are expected to develop specialties over time, such as housing, domestic violence, substance abuse or community linkages.
- Demonstrates and teaches primary caregivers the skills to successfully manage and maintain a home including, but not limited to, home safety, cleanliness, meal planning and budgeting.
- Attends and actively participates in Child Family Team (CFT) Meetings, including but not limited to charting, completing CFT Matrix & Action Grids, updates, brainstorming and behavioral support as needed.
- Assists caregivers through Caregiver Assessment in developing, expanding, and maintaining natural supports and community resources (formal and informal), to create pathway to increasing long term self-sufficiency and developing the capacity to meet needs.
- Provides on-call telephonic and on-site emergency response to children and families to provide support and assistance in problem resolution.
- Provides caregivers skills training, parenting support, and recovery support through, individual and group in-vivo coaching, on appropriate behaviors while in natural environments and strategies for effectively coping with impairments and/or deficits.
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- Lived experience as a parent of a child who received services from DCFS, DMH, Probation and worked through it to be able to share their experience and assist other families and/or lived experience with their own recovery.
- Valid California Driver's License.
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website