Program:Capital Star Crisis Residential Program
On Call: Sunday and Monday
11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
JOB SUMMARY: This position has primary responsibility for providing direct care to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of the clients through direct and indirect physical and verbal interaction. Duties are performed under direct supervision of the Program Coordinator, or designee, in most cases, but some tasks are accomplished independently.
- Recovery Counselor I: High school diploma or equivalent plus one year of full-time experience performing consumer directed services in a mental health, health care, or other social services agency / organization
- Recovery Counselor II: Associate degree plus six years of experience in a mental health field OR
- Bachelor's degree in a Mental Health Field plus four years of experience in a mental health field OR
- Master's degree in a Mental Health Field plus two years of experience in a mental health field
License or Certification
- Recovery Counselor II: Certification as a Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (can be obtained post-hire)
- Valid California Driver's License
- Ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with participants, families, schools, other staff, physicians, county agencies, other health care and social services providers and the public.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a treatment team.
- Good coordination and meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with other agencies and community partners.
- Good organizational, writing, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of psychiatric illness and its treatment.
- Ability to understand and work with participants from diverse cultural backgrounds in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of county and community-based agencies.
- Possess knowledge of co-occurring disorder supports, community resources, and experience serving mental health consumers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes and assists clients with self-help skills in the areas of eating, hygiene and grooming and other activity or nursing activities.
- Incorporates Transition to Independence Process (TIP) and the Recovery Model into services.
- Monitors client's attendance at assigned activities and maximizes client participation through appropriate motivational techniques.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates both large and small activity groups and outings independently but under the supervision of the Program Coordinator or his/her designee.
- Encourages clients' interaction and socialization with other peers, providing feedback to clients on appropriate behavior while acting as a role model.
- Accurately documents in writing each client's attendance and response to activity and therapeutic groups or individual counseling in the individual medical record.
- Attends and actively participates in Treatment Team meetings.
- Visually and audibly observes and reports on client's physical and psychiatric conditions and reports significant changes to the Program Coordinator while documenting those observations in writing in the medical record.
- Implements the individualized Treatment Plan.
- Transports clients in facility vehicles as directed.
- Recovery Counselor II: Completes Daily Notes in the EMR as assigned
For more info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.We offer:
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Potential Work Schedule:
Shift: Overnight, 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Tay Crisis Residential Program
E-Verify Disclosure | Accessibility
Apply on company website