Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,700 people at more than 45 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 30,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.JOB SUMMARY:
This position has primary responsibility for mental health services and case management services to children, adolescents, adults and their families. The Mental Health Therapist provides mental health services (including assessment and evaluation as assigned) and other services to clients referred to the program. Services include but are not limited to individual, family, collateral therapy, treatment planning, etc. He/she acts as liaison with external agencies and functions on teams with other clinical & support staff. S/he documents and bills for mental health and case management services and completes outcomes information. May be requested to obtain additional certifications as needed.
MHTII - Master's degree in a mental health field with BBS Registered intern number
MHTIII - Master's degree in a mental health field with BBS License
Two years of experience in a mental health field with age group(s) to be served by the position in residential or outpatient settings preferred.
License or Certification
-- BBS MFT intern registration or BBS ASW associate registration or LPCI registration.
-- Valid California Driver's License
-- MFCC or LCSW or LPCC license in California
-- Valid California Driver's License.
-- May be requested to obtain an LPS Certification to put in effect a 5150 hold.
-- This position may be requested to obtain additional certifications, as necessary, including for evidenced based practices.
Other Qualification Required: Ability to relate to clients in the age group(s) to be served by the position with emotional disturbances and their families Ability to perform clear and concise documentation Knowledge of Community Resources, especially related to the Mental Health field, is highly desirable to make appropriate linkages Ability to adhere to all policies for confidentiality ethics and code of conduct Ability to receive training and gain and apply new skills and knowledge
Physical Requirements: Ability to visually and audibly assess adolescent's behavior and needs.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS Assaultive adolescents Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I) Operation of vehicle.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS REQUIRED Demonstrated use of CPR and first aid training where the program requires
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Interviews referred clients and significant others to assesses and evaluate their appropriateness and need for services.
2. Works with referred clients, their families, representatives of referring agencies, and other relevant parties (in-house and external) to promote rehabilitation and amelioration of problems which interfere with productive social and emotional daily living.
3. Demonstrated understanding/basic knowledge of psychiatric illness and mental health interventions, including a general understanding of co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
4. Ability to perform accurate mental health evaluations; Ability to provide effective individual mental health rehabilitation and case management services; Ability to perform accurate basic dual diagnosis evaluations and make appropriate referrals for dual diagnosis consults and treatment.
5. Acts as liaison with various external agencies (such as Department of Children and Family Services, Department of Mental Health, Probation Department, Dependency Court, and police) to facilitate clients adjustment in daily living routines.
6. Assists in preparing clients for lasting and successful housing, vocational, educational, and treatment experiences.
7. Services include a "whatever it takes" approach and include counseling, shadowing, training, modeling and other interventions deemed necessary.
8. Availability by phone to assist in crisis intervention and provide support and assistance in problem resolution during scheduled and non-scheduled, after hours and weekends for assigned and team clients
9. Provides assessment and support services on an outpatient basis including mental health services, treatment planning and case management and case management brokerage services as outlined in the care and treatment plan.
10.Ability to coordinate client discharges in a clinically and administratively appropriate manner, in accordance with agency protocols.
11.Ability to accurately and concisely document client billing and clinical progress notes, treatments plans in EMR while adhering to governing agencies requirements. Governing agencies include but are not limited to, county specific Department of Mental Health or Behavioral Health, Department of Children and Family Services, School District, Probation department, SBHG, TJC.
12.May be requested to obtain an LPS Certification to put in effect a 5150 hold. This would include responding to emergencies as needed.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designee as needed.
- MFTI and ACSW's receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
Apply on company website