District Purchasing Agent North Seattle, WA
As a District Purchasing Agent, you are responsible for the procurement of product maintained in inventory with a balanced emphasis on increasing service levels to customers while increasing the turnover of inventory in multiple locations. Responsibility includes maintaining good relationships with vendors and purchasing from those vendors which fall within the guidelines for approved vendors set by management.
You will know you're a match for this position if you possess computer skills, leadership skills, management skills good communication skills, and solid math skills. You must also be organized and accurate and have the ability to create and maintain relationships with suppliers.
What's in it for you? Stoneway offers competitive compensation packages and a first class benefits package, along with advancement opportunities. Some of our benefits include 401(k) Retirement Savings Plans with immediate vesting and company match, Paid Volunteer Time, Merchandise Discounts, Holiday and Vacation Pay, and Flexible Spending.
- Manage the company's day to day purchasing operations, including processing of user requisitions, research and selection of potential suppliers, negotiation of pricing and terms and issuance of purchase orders. Responsible for placing, tracking and expediting all purchase orders.
- Create and maintain good relationships with suppliers to encourage winwin negotiations and decisions. Manage relationships with key suppliers; at minimum, this would involve periodic account reviews and identification of opportunities for value improvement. Negotiate price, quality, service, payment terms and inventory disposition as needed.
- Maintain an adequate inventory level at all locations to fill customer orders complete to achieve 95%+ stock fill rate. Communicate with management team and vendors to determine product assortment, availability, pricing and stocking.
- Search for new products, and seek to better negotiations with vendors. Look for opportunities in vertical and horizontal markets.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years purchasing experience required.
Founded in 1974, Stoneway Electric is a subsidiary of Crescent Electric Supply. Stoneway has grown from a single location in Seattle, WA to become a recognized market leader in the Pacific Northwest with 17 locations. The company stocks a broad line of electrical, lighting, automation and datacomm products. Here, leaders inspire, build trust and empower employees to achieve their best.
Stoneway Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual preference or orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, disability, or any other trait or status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Candidates are subject to pre-employment assessments, Motor Vehicle record review, criminal background checks, credit and references check, and a post-offer drug screen.
Apply on company website