About STRIDE Community Heath Center
STRIDE is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a history of providing primary care and other health-related services in a community-based setting. Established in 1989 in response to the primary health care needs of the medically indigent population in suburban Denver, STRIDE has the largest population base of any FQHC in Colorado and provides primary care, dental, pharmacy, behavioral health, health education and outreach and enrollment services in accordance with its mission. We provide a positive work place with a culturally diverse population of employees that are committed to being focused and disciplined team members.
- Medical, Dental, and Optional Vision Insurance.
- Paid-Time-Off (PTO).
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- A 401K retirement savings plan & match!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care options.
A successful candidate will live STRIDE ICARE values:
Integrity – doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Compassion – meeting the patient where they're at with empathy.
Accountability – doing what we say we're going to do.
Respect – showing attention to human dignity.
Excellence – having a “growth mindset; striving to learn more and practice continuous improvement.
What will you be doing in this role? A successful candidate will:
General Purpose: The Community Health Registered Nurse (CHRN) will serve as a team member of STRIDE's Nursing line as well as play a critical role in the delivery of STRIDE's healthcare services. The CHRN will serve as a member of STRIDE's integrated clinical care team that includes, medical providers, operations support staff, behavioral health, care coordinators, navigators. The CHRN performs public/community health nursing services in STRIDE clinics and provides community and client centered counseling, education and information concerning illnesses.
This position is assigned 0.8 Nursing Care FTE (4 days/week clinical care and support) and 0.2 FTE Admin FTE (1 day/week admin time).
- Participates in the delivery of clinical care within scope of nursing and as a team member of STRIDE's healthcare delivery team. This might include medical triage, authorizing medication refills, and other in-scope services crucial to the delivery of timely and efficient healthcare.
- May provide health related counseling on the prevention of communicable diseases; coordinate health programs with outside organizations and agencies; introduce general health related information and instruction to individuals, families and community groups
- May administer a variety of pre-examination tests including skin tests, blood tests, and other tests used in determining communicable disease; provide information and education to patients before and after tests as necessary
- Assess and evaluate patient's response to treatment and medication
- Advise patients on available and appropriate medical and social services available through STRIDE
- Keep accurate patient records; maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the areas of disease prevention and treatment, chronic diseases
- Compile and submit necessary medical/statistical reports and data to internal departments or external partners in a timely fashion and, if applicable, as required by law
- Apply basic time management and patient care coordination skills to effectively provide nursing and health care services
- Participate in quality improvement and infection control initiatives and activities
- Collaborates with other departments, external organizations and consultants, including regulatory agencies and coalition partners, to support and coordinate patient care and to maintain STRIDE's regulatory compliance.
- Collaborates closely with Operations and Clinical/Medical leadership to regularly evaluate health center clinical system needs and develops and implements scope-appropriate clinical policy, procedures, process and quality improvement strategies, and administrative and community partnerships.
- Participates in and helps maintain an On-Call program that supports the STRIDE “Doc Line”, supports clinical needs of the CCC, and interfaces with our patient care referral networks and hospitals
- Serves as primary liaison with vRAD (STRIDE's radiology reading service), Quest (STRIDE's laboratory service) to receive critical results and with Home Health Agencies to streamline completion and turnaround of critical paperwork.
- Assists in streamlining the completion of regulatory, insurance, and any patient-care related paperwork resulting from our healthcare delivery.
- Participates in and helps to maintain a system for first pass review of specific EMR desktop items that are within the scope of an RN
- Provides first line coverage for EMR desktops when providers are on PTO/FMLA/Floating Holiday
- Participates in continuing education opportunities.
- Other duties as required.
A successful candidate will possess the following education or formal training:
Education or Formal Training: Training from accredited educational institution or school as NP or RN.
A successful candidate will possess experience:.
Experience: At least 3 years' experience in a clinical setting post-graduation from highest degree. Previous leadership experience required; experience in a large healthcare organization required. Experience managing a clinical team required.
Material and equipment directly used: Computer, printer, multi-line telephone system, fax machine, copy machine, calculator and all Microsoft products including Outlook, Excel and the internet.
working environment/physical activities: Office environment within a clinical setting. Enters data into computer programs via computer, mouse and keyboard. Moves about the office environment and occasionally to other locations. Moves/transports objects up to 25 lbs occasionally. Communicates information to others. Discerns/analyzes information from others to assist in decision making. Works independently.
** A valid driver's license will be required for any position requiring driving between STRIDE locations. **
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
Stride conducts a background check, including criminal history, education, license and certification.
Stride recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our organization. Stride is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. Stride does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Apply on company website