This is a temporary position.
About STRIDE Community Health Center
STRIDE is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a history of providing primary care and other health-related services in a community-based setting. Established in 1989 in response to the primary health care needs of the medically indigent population in suburban Denver, STRIDE has the largest population base of any FQHC in Colorado and provides primary care, dental, pharmacy, behavioral health, health education and outreach and enrollment services in accordance with its mission. We provide a positive workplace with a culturally diverse population of employees that are committed to being focused and disciplined team members.
- Medical, Dental, and Optional Vision Insurance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- A 401K retirement savings plan & match!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care options.
A successful candidate will live STRIDE ICARE values:
Integrity – doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Compassion – meeting the patient where they're at with empathy.
Accountability – doing what we say we're going to do.
Respect – showing attention to human dignity.
Excellence – having a “growth mindset; striving to learn more and practice continuous improvement.
What will you be doing in this role? A successful candidate will:
In order to achieve successful outcomes for our public and community testing the event/registration staff will work in any one of a handful of necessary roles at the testing/event sites in order to hold a sufficiently staffed event that meets the needs of the community. The event/registration staff will ensure service delivery for COVID and immunization related services and other programs as assigned. The event/registration staff will facilitate communication between event-site patients, STRIDE staff, community partners and providers. This is a temporary position, assigned as 1.0 FTE.
Event Roles include the following
- Patient Screening
- Approach all vehicles in queue
- Instruct vehicle passenger(s) on registration process
- Direct patient to appropriate testing lane
- Traffic Control
- Maintain flow of traffic
- Directing patients to appropriate areas of service
- Ensure proper registration information is received
- Obtain insurance and ID card
- Create patient labels
- Label specimens and place in specimen bags
- Proper specimen storage
- My Care Ally
- EPIC electronic health record
- Scheduling Appointments
- Checking-In/Drive Thru Registration
- Clinical Workflows
- Adding Diagnosis
- Adding Lab Orders
- Participates in the delivery of public COVID and immunization clinics as an onsite, actively engaged member of STRIDE's healthcare delivery team. This includes working directly with the onsite medical team to ensure STRIDE continues to deliver in-scope services crucial to the delivery of patient-centered, timely, and efficient healthcare.
- Works directly with COVID team leads to ensure that all staffing needs are met for each event.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Strong Judgment
- Highly Organized
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Attention to Detail
Education or Formal Training:
- High School diploma minimum; Associate degree preferred
- Medical Assistant training a strong plus
- Experience with Patient Registration strongly desired
- Experience with Epic Electronic Health Record strongly desired
- Medical office experience preferred
Material and equipment directly used: Computer, printer, multi-line telephone systems, fax machine, copy machine, calculator, and all Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel and the Internet, and STRIDE Electronic Health Record (EHR).
Working environment/physical activities: Community event testing sites. Consistently on feet to accomplish tasks. Subject to outside environment, weather permitting. Enters data into computer programs via computer, mouse and keyboard. Moves/transports objects up to 25 lbs occasionally. Communicates information to others. Discerns/analyzes information from others to assist in decision making.
** A valid driver's license will be required for any position requiring driving between STRIDE locations. **
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
STRIDE conducts a background check, criminal history, education, license, and certification.
STRIDE recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our organization. STRIDE is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. STRIDE does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Apply on company website