About STRIDE Community Heath Center
STRIDE is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a history of providing primary care and other health-related services in a community-based setting. Established in 1989 in response to the primary health care needs of the medically indigent population in suburban Denver, STRIDE has the largest population base of any FQHC in Colorado and provides primary care, dental, pharmacy, behavioral health, health education and outreach and enrollment services in accordance with its mission. We provide a positive work place with a culturally diverse population of employees that are committed to being focused and disciplined team members.
- Medical, Dental, and Optional Vision Insurance.
- Paid-Time-Off (PTO).
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- A 401K retirement savings plan & match!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care options.
A successful candidate will live STRIDE ICARE values:
Integrity – doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Compassion – meeting the patient where they're at with empathy.
Accountability – doing what we say we're going to do.
Respect – showing attention to human dignity.
Excellence – having a “growth mindset; striving to learn more and practice continuous improvement.
What will you be doing in this role? A successful candidate will:
General Purpose: The Pharmacy Technician facilitates efficient and accurate dispensing of medications, provides excellent customer service to all patients and fellow STRIDE employees, and assists the pharmacist in all pharmacy operations not requiring professional judgment.
- Accurately dispenses medications to patients upon receipt of proper prescriptions and upon approval of the pharmacist .
- Review prescriptions for completeness, enter prescription and patient demographic information into pharmacy database, fill prescriptions under supervision of the pharmacist and brings any concerns regarding a prescription to the attention of the Pharmacist.
- Positively interacts with patients to ascertain patients' prescription needs, making sure patient talks to Pharmacist when professional knowledge and judgment are required.
- Answers phone calls and retrieves phone and internet web portal messages. Accurately transcribes phone messages from automated refill line, addressing messages by the end of each business day.
- Prepares RX transfer requests for the pharmacist.
- Checks in orders from wholesaler and other pharmaceutical vendors.
- Stocks medications in the pharmacy, ensuring proper storage conditions.
- Fills clinic and vaccine orders under supervision of and approval by the pharmacist.
- Enters refill requests, prior authorization requests and other internal communications via the EMR.
- Prepares daily RX deliveries to remote pick up locations.
- Performs payment transactions in POS register. Follows all cash handling policies and procedures.
- Performs end of day prescription and financial reports. Prepares daily cash log, currency summary and deposit for verification and approval by second staff member.
- Returns medications to stock after 14 days in will call area.
- Identifies and pulls expired medications from inventory.
- Completes all trainings as required by department or organization.
- Maintains current pharmacy technician certification.
- Attends all staff meetings and all other meetings as required.
A successful candidate will possess the following education or formal training:
Education or Formal Training: High school diploma or GED required. Certified Pharmacy Technician required.
A successful candidate will possess experience:
Experience: Pharmacy technician training from a recognized institution. 1 year pharmacy technician experience in a retail setting preferred. Bilingual preferred.
Material and equipment directly used: Computer, enters data via use of EMR database system, printer, multi-line telephone systems, fax machine, copy machine, calculator, and all Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel and the internet.
Working environment/physical activities: Office environment within a clinical setting. Enters data into computer programs via computer, mouse and keyboard. Moves about the office environment and occasionally to other locations. Moves objects up to 25 lbs occasionally. Communicates information to others. Discerns/analyzes information from others to assist in decision making.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
STRIDE conducts a background check, including criminal history, education, license and certification..
STRIDE recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our organization. STRIDE is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. STRIDE does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Apply on company website