About STRIDE Community Health Center
STRIDE is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a history of providing primary care and other health-related services in a community-based setting. Established in 1989 in response to the primary health care needs of the medically indigent population in suburban Denver, STRIDE has the largest population base of any FQHC in Colorado and provides primary care, dental, pharmacy, behavioral health, health education and outreach and enrollment services in accordance with our mission. We provide a positive work place with a culturally diverse population of employees that are committed to being focused and disciplined team members.
- Medical, Dental, and Optional Vision Insurance.
- Paid-Time-Off (PTO).
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- A 401K retirement savings plan & match!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care options.
A successful candidate will live STRIDE ICARE values:
Integrity – doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Compassion – meeting others where they're at with empathy.
Accountability – doing what we say we're going to do.
Respect – showing attention to human dignity.
Excellence – having a “growth” mindset; striving to learn more and practice continuous improvement.
General Purpose: We are seeking a Family Medicine Physician to join our interdisciplinary team providing care for a population with complex medical and social needs. In order to ensure efficient and quality health care services, the Physician will provide direct health care for patients.
What will you be doing in this role? A successful candidate will:
- Provides direct health care services to patients.
- Offers clinical consultation and arranges referrals to other providers and clinical staff.
- Provides clinical supervision and support to nurse practitioners or physician assistants, as needed.
- Works with a team-based mindset both at the clinic level and with other medical providers across the organization.
- Charts in STRIDE's electronic health records (EHR) system.
- Interacts with other team members to coordinate care for patients.
- Attends all staff meetings and all other meetings as assigned.
- Meets with the location's Clinical Site Manager individually, as needed, for logistical issues or concerns.
Knowledge, skill and ability:
- Demonstrated knowledge in primary care specialty (family medicine or internal medicine).
- Ability to function in clinical setting with diverse cultural dynamics of clinical staff and patients.
- Ability to demonstrate the capability to effectively and sensitively respond to the needs and concerns of the full range of STRIDE's diverse patient population.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to diffuse upset patients.
- Ability to collaborate with other providers and clinical staff to develop continual quality improvement procedures.
- Ability to identify barriers to performance of others and provide coaching, training or other assistance to remove those barriers.
- Ability to handle sensitive information ethically and responsibly.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with electronic medical records (EMR) system.
- Ability to protect the confidentiality of patient, employee and business information.
A successful candidate will possess the following education or formal training:
- Doctorate degree in Medicine or Osteopathy from an accredited educational institution or school.
- Medical residency training from accredited educational institution or school.
- Board certification in primary care specialty.
A successful candidate will possess experience:
Previous experience working as a primary care provider in a clinical setting is preferred; previous experience in a federally-qualified clinical setting strongly desired.
** A valid driver's license will be required for any position requiring driving between STRIDE locations.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
STRIDE conducts a background check, including criminal history, education, license and certification.
STRIDE recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our organization. STRIDE is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. STRIDE does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Apply on company website