The Production Support Manager will be responsible for supporting high visibility customer-facing applications and processes including Subaru's Telematics platform. This role involves developing a comprehensive understanding of the systems and processes supported, managing the production support environment, building a highly efficient and effective production support team and leveraging current and future offshore service providers for incident and problem identification, triage and resolution.
- Ensure systems stay running in a stable environment and are meeting SLA requirements.
- Actively strive to decrease the number recurring incidents, and to proactively prevent incidents, by analyzing trends and spikes in reported incidents and help to identify systemic application and process problems, suggesting fixes and enhancements.
- Develop requirements and specifications for system enhancements/fixes in response to identified systemic problems.
- Develop comprehensive documentation of supported systems and processes.
- Develop comprehensive production support documentation including, but not limited to, run-books, incident escalation procedures, communication plans to notify stakeholders of problems and service level standards.
- Lead the Production Support team through analysis, root cause and remediation/resolution of incidents as needed. Ensure applicable 3rd Party vendors provide root cause information in a timely manner.
- Build, grow and manage vendor relationships to communicate planned and unplanned 3rd Party maintenance.
- Track, facilitate and manage communication of third-party vendor adherence of contractually documented Service Level Agreements (SLA's), service credits and quarterly business reviews.
- Perform and participate in periodic audits of production support processes and adherence to standards.
- Participate in Subaru's project and enhancement SDLC and change management processes to plan for and implement any related production support additions or changes. Facilitate any required handoffs of support from development teams to the production support team.
- Support Subaru's overall systems support processes, ensuring that all items follow the appropriate incident and problem management processes within Subaru's ServiceNow ITSM system.
- Develop Production Support effectiveness measures and metrics including regular reporting of metrics to IT and Business stakeholders.
- Responsible for continuous improvements for production support processes and the ServiceNow system supporting these processes.
- Manage offshore vendor's managed services engagement for production support.
- Coordinate all production support processes across Subaru and its vendor partners.
- Builds strong rapport with IT development teams and our service providers.
- Proactively identify risks and resolve issues related to Production Support practices.
- 7 -10 years of relevant Production Support experience in a large enterprise environment including multiple related systems, vendor partners and multiple lines of business.
- Experience in managing an offshore service provider.
- Experience with an enterprise-level incident and problem management system.
- Capable of working independently, a self-starter who performs initiatives that provide solutions for business requirements.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, especially in the areas of root-cause analysis and metrics driven productivity and effectiveness.
- Excellent communicator with strong reporting and presentation skills.
Qualifications include a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems with 7 to 10 years of relevant production support experience.
Apply on company website