Job Responsibilities Include:
- Prepares, cooks and presents pastry and bread items to satisfy the established production requirements and to the established recipes. Work with the Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager, review menus and beverage lists and food and beverage concepts to maximize revenue.
- Has to be present when the Executive Chef requires or when his help is needed for functions, additional duties or lack of manpower.
- Gives full support in setting up daily buffet and breakfast.
- Creates new desserts, pastry and bread items establishing the new recipes and methods of presentation.
- Keeps a close control of all transfers and returns items from and to any of the foods service outlets in order to avoid misuse of production.
- Determines freshness and suitability of products made/used in the Pastry section and that they are stored properly and used economically.
- Ensures that the section is kept clean and hygienic including walk-in and other refrigerators
- Reports to the Executive Chef, takes new daily orders and discussed suggestions, new menus and any challenges which may arise in the operation of the department.
- Works in cooperation with other kitchen sections, the restaurant and banquet team.
- Ensures proper handling of fixtures and equipment. Equipment that needs maintenance and repairs should be reported to the Executive Chef.
- Ensures that the Pastry Shop Front and Back areas are clean and orderly at all times.
- Ensures that colleagues are always properly groomed and uniforms are properly worn.
- Coordinates the training and development opportunities for all colleagues in the Pastry Shop.
- Must be an example of the Viceroy Ideology, Values, Brand Standards, and a champion of appearance and hygiene guidelines.
- Ensuring that minimum operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established by Viceroy and Forbes standards.
- Perform other job duties and projects as directed.
Applicants should possess:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required.
- Degree/comparable qualifications in Culinary Arts from a recognizable international institution
- Three or more years of work experience in a luxury resort in a similar position.
- Basic Expectations:
- Must be passionate about pastries and bread making and have extensive knowledge of the preparation of different desserts, pastries and breads
- Must be creative and able to develop menus and recipes
- Ability to motivate, teach and inspire others to learn
- A starter and not a follower, with respect for others.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Manage all colleagues within the department.
- Must be able to communicate instructions effectively to staff and creates a safe and comfortable environment.
- Must balance constructive criticism with positive feedback.
- Language Skills:
- Be able to effectively present information to customers, clients and other employees within the organization.
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal, listening and written.)
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to walk and stand for up to four (4) or more hours in length
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch
- Must be able to occasionally lift items up to 25lbs
- Requires grasping, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to around heat and equipment emitting heat for up to four (4) hours in length
- Must be able to actively use the sense of sight, taste and smell
Apply on company website