The Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Primary engineering support/contact for Honda or Subaru factories.
- Lead the production design for all SEWS departments.
- Support customers in evaluation and design improvement.
- Provide technical expertise to both customer and SEWS departments.
- Cost evaluation and improvement.
Basic Position Duties
- Lead design maturation activities of wire harnesses for new models and minor model changes, including drawing review, VA/VE, workability and quality improvement. Maintain design levels and design freeze schedules.
- Product confirmation of wire harnesses through internal evaluation and external evaluation at customer (tear-down event or assembly trial)
- Release engineering information to internal departments.
- Primary contact for customer contacts regarding product design, design change timing and design change cost.
- Lead the evaluation and implementation of new components. Track supplier readiness for customer events and coordinate application timing with the customer.
- Participate in manufacturing trials for design evaluation, VA/VE, and design improvement.
- Develop and maintain a solid working relationship with customer and internal contacts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field required (BSEE or BSME preferred).
- 1 - 5 years of related experience
- CATIA and other CAD system experience preferred.
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 25 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo's continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com. Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com. Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.** An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply on company website