Although located at SEWS – Farmington Hills, Michigan Office, this is a flexible Work From Home position, which means an associate has the flexibility to work from home, but is expected to report to the local office as needed or required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead CAE activities for new Ford programs, and on going production changes.
- Develop and maintain simulation schematics and reports, to support customer and internal requirements.
- Support the generation of a cost effective harness design that supports customer releases.
- Confirm proper circuit design, quality and productive wiring system in vehicle.
- Identify, track and resolve open issues.
- Good communication, time management and interpersonal skills required.
- Participate in customer reviews of CAE requirements, and ensure alignment with internal databases.
- Interface directly with external customer - PMT, PAT, customer engineers, design team and Technical specialists.
- Interface with internal customer SEWS/SWS cross-functional groups, program managers and division management.
- Lead customer reviews of design issues, with respect to customer and internal CAE requirements, to achieve resolutions.
4 years of BSEE/BSME or equivalent degree along with 3-5 years experience as a CAE Engineer or Systems Engineer
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo's continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
***SEWS performs regular market studies to ensure we offer very competitive salaries
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.** An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. participates in E-Verify to confirm that individuals offered employment are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Apply on company website