Although located at SEWS – Farmington Hills, Michigan Office, this is a flexible Work From Home position, which means an associate has the flexibility to work from home, but is expected to report to the local office as needed or required.
BSEE / BSME or equivalent degree along with 3-5 years experience as a Systems Engineer
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the logical & physical system schematics per customer design transmittals and internal & customer requirements.
- Create a cost effective harness complexity set that supports customer marketing releases.
- Attend & obtain signed off logical & physical schematics per build phase from customer compatibility reviews.
- Confirm vehicle function, proper circuit design, optimize Cost, Quality and Productive wiring system on vehicle.
- Identify, track and resolve open issues.
- Good communication, time management and interpersonal skills required.
- Participate in internal match checks for every harness print release.
- Interface directly with external customer - PMT, PAT, customer engineers and launch team.
- Interface with internal customer SEWS/SWS cross-functional groups, program managers and division management.
- Support vehicle launches / prototype builds at internal manufacturing plants and external customer vehicle assembly plants.
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo's continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
***SEWS performs regular market studies to ensure we offer very competitive salaries.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.** An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. participates in E-Verify to confirm that individuals offered employment are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Apply on company website