Basic Position Duties:
- Set-up and operate testing equipment required for SEWS and OEM (Honda) Design validation
- Equipment includes: temperature/ humidity chambers, shaker/vibration table, electronic testing equipment (i.e. electronic loads, power supplies, data acquisition unit), multimeters, micrometers, calipers, torque wrench, etc.
- Prepare test reports. Submit completed report to Design Engineers for review and approval.
- Maintain the working order of all Lab equipment / machines / units. Maintain logs to track calibration, STD maintenance and preventative maintenance of the equipment.
- Maintain / file test requests, reports, and other required lab documentation
- Maintain lab cleanliness – 6S
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude: i.e. ability to fabricate small test fixtures and apply solder for testing
- Demonstrate creative thinking and problem solving to design/develop new testing methods/ setups for unique tests.
- High School diploma or GED
- 0-1 year of related work experience
- Intermediate to high computer knowledge; including Excel, tables & charts
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to use various testing equipment for wire harness and component evaluation
- Self-starter, proactive, good work ethic, team player
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 25 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo's continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com. Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com. Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.** An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply on company website