The Logistics Planner is responsible for providing support to Facility Management by gathering and summarizing data, as well as preparing reports. This position will maintain monthly data spreadsheets and reports regarding the facility and 3PL Key Performance Indicators. In addition, this role will assist Facility Management with improvement projects and working with outside contractors. This position will also assist Management with implementation of corporate driven programs and policy including safety, suggestions, Kaizen, etc.
- Monitor and measure site performance metrics for daily, monthly, and quarterly periods along with the ability to present results in concise and effective presentation.
- Assist with Sumitomo Safety Risk Management programs for facilities and personnel to ensure full compliance with Sumitomo and OSHA safety standards to achieve a Zero Risk and Lost Time Injury performance objectives.
- Provide assistance with daily oversight, communication, and instruction with the on-site 3PL labor provider or material handling operations to Sumitomo to support services of external and internal customers.
- Pursue self-development through mentoring opportunities within Logistics and through interaction with other department/managers to achieve full understanding of Sumitomo business practices and customer requirements.
- Work with 3PL on the purchasing of items needed to complete daily operations. This includes weekly inventory of shipping items and submission of purchase requisitions to Management.
- Manage internal facility based projects and work with external contractors to negotiate cost and project timelines.
- Work with 3PL on ordering of supplies, payment of PO's with Accounting group, Support picture ID creation for building
- Daily facility walkthrough with 3PL to identify safety items.
- Bachelor's degree. Logistics or relevant fields
- 3-5 years of progressive logistics planning experience.
- Effective interpersonal, communication & leadership abilities
- Limited travel required.
- Some on-call and/or off shift work is necessary.
- Proficient in the use of computers and standard MS Office, Teams and WebEx.
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo's continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.**
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply on company website