The Manufacturing Manager will manage the daily activities of the Franklin Connector Molding and Assembly manufacturing areas. Responsible for managing personnel (Ex. Supervisor, Shift Coordinators and Leaders) to implement daily activities to ensure that the targets for molding, packing and assembly areas are achieved. Develop new improvement ideas for molding and assembly areas. Ensure proper implementation/follow through of division standards and work plans while developing activities to ensure results for production targets, utilization, OEE, IPD, scrap, Noritsu, sorting, etc. meet the planned targets and implement countermeasures as necessary. Timely reporting and ability to communicate with all levels of management and areas of discipline.
Basic Position Duties
- Support activities to ensure all OSHA and SWS safety rules are implemented; participate in safety activities for manufacturing and respond to safety related matters.
- Oversee daily activities of Connector Molding and Assembly manufacturing areas including of supervisors, shift coordinators, leaders other associates while ensuring proper training and correct job duties being carried out.
- Oversee daily performance of manufacturing areas to achieve set production plans/schedules; working with Production Control and other departments as required to achieve planned output.
- Ensure supervisor and coordinators are managing associate attendance records. Ensure proper data is documented for all manufacturing processes, such as check sheets; quality inspections; 5S, etc.
- Preparation of headcount and expense budgets for the Franklin manufacturing areas. Monitor budgets to stay within set targets. Maintain proper manning needs for molding, assembly and packing manufacturing areas, working with HR as needed for hiring of staff and associates.
- Development of KPIs (targets) and key improvement activity plans are implemented to achieve targets for Franklin molding, packing and assembly areas.
- Support quality activities, including day to day issues and resolutions (abnormal reports and backtracking product) as well as customer claim investigations. Participate in claim investigations and development of countermeasures to address quality issues and concerns. Develop monthly reports for QCD (quality improvement meeting). Support activity to maintain IATF certification and internal PK activity.
- Confirmation of document control for molding, assembly and packing manufacturing. Ensure manufacturing data is properly recorded as required using proper methods.
- Ensure system in place for maintaining proper inventory levels of packing supplies for molding, assembly and packing manufacturing (cardboard, trays, etc.) as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned as required.
Bachelors degree in a field related to manufacturing or engineering discipline, 8-10 years of experience working in a multi-shift manufacturing operation and 2-4 years supervisory experience. Automotive experience preferred but not required. Experience in creating an atmosphere where safety and quality are top priorities in a manufacturing setting. Requires a high level of leadership experience, supervising both salary and hourly associates, and working with all levels of staff and associates. Ability to create reports, presentations both orally and written. Strong computer skills are required such as MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc. as well as working with ERP systems (ERPLX, MICS).
Apply on company website