Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and maintains the standards issued by SEWS and SEWS QA in alignment with SEWS values, objectives and quality targets
- Plan and execute projects and team activities to facilitate changes that have a measurable impact on business, especially as it relates to customer expectations
- Provide technical expertise in process development and improvement projects affecting product realization, design, verification, validation, and manufacturability involving various SEWS departments
- Develops, maintains, and supports the maintenance and improvement of SEWS Quality Management System, including document control
- Schedule and perform all aspects of IATF audits locally and other SEWS locations
- Generate, monitor, and report performance metrics that reveal process improvement opportunities and effectiveness of driven improvement actions, and demonstrates status of projects
- Coordinate training updates for new or revised SEWS SOP's or other QMS documentation as required
- Lead/participate in team meetings that identify risks/hazards associated with production and assist in the generation of FMEA's and/or other risk assessment tools
- Support SEWS quality policies, procedures and objectives by keeping informed of the latest updates/modifications related to ISO/IATF quality systems
- Compile and prepare training material and conduct training on improvement tools and methodologies
- Performs short range, tactical planning, and execution of actions required to deliver Quality Assurance strategies and objectives
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Quality, Business with 1-3 years of progressive experience.
- Combination of experience in auditing and/or training in quality in an ISO industry—totally at least 5 years
- 3 to 5 years of Quality and Engineering experience
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications, service information and engineering drawings
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work effectively across all functions and levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advance knowledge of software packages such as Microsoft
- IATF Auditor certification or willingness to achieve certification is required
- Quality related certifications (ASQ, Six Sigma, LEAN) are preferred
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.** An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply on company website