"Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home. Our focus is doing what's right for the resident. For me, that's a big breath of fresh air."
- Sunrise Leader At Sunrise, our Activities & Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for leading the day to day activities and programs for a Sunrise Senior Living community.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Lead volunteer based activities and programs that enrich the lives of Sunrise Assisted Living and Memory Care residents
- Collaborate with other Sunrise Department Coordinators and the Executive Director to develop and maintain relationships with local schools, businesses and social organizations to establish an active network of volunteers and community resources
- Maintain a calendar of activities and events that provide a variety of resident and family centered experiences
- Budget preparation and monitoring of expenses and financial statements to meet revenue and budget targets
- Leadership responsibilities include recruiting, hiring, coaching and retaining a high performing employee team
- At least one year of job related supervisory experience preferably in a senior living environment
- High school diploma required. College degree preferred
- Proven ability to train and motivate volunteers and fellow team members to provide the best in quality activity programming
- Maintain all appropriate state level certifications or licenses such as CDL (commercial driver's license)
- Knowledge of local state and federal regulations pertaining to resident care and services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) with the ability to learn new applications
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends to meet the needs of residents and fellow team members
Sunrise maintains a drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a drug and alcohol test.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest. Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best. Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals.
Apply on company website