"It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents' lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them – we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!"
- Sunrise Team Member At Sunrise, our Cook is responsible for the preparation and serving of meals, sanitation of food service areas, accurate record keeping, receiving, rotating and inventory of products and regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Preparing and serving the residents in our community
- Ensuring all special dietary needs are met and preparing texture modified food as directed
- Following the specially prepared Sunrise menus and production sheets to maintain the highest possible quality and consistency
- Ensuring compliance with all record keeping, food safety and risk management requirements
- Maintains a current ServSafe certificate (food services sanitation certificate) or able to participate in the food services sanitation training to become ServSafe certified
- One (1) year job related experience including food preparation, full-line menu items and therapeutic diets
- A culinary apprenticeship or training is preferred
- A high School diploma or GED accepted
- To be successful you will need to have the ability to handle multiple priorities, possess written and verbal skills for effective communication, be competent in organizational, time management skills and demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- You will also need to demonstrate your ability to serve seniors in a team environment
Apply on company website