"It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents' lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them – we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!"
- Sunrise Team Member At Sunrise, our Driver is responsible for providing safe, timely and courteous transportation for residents to and from various activities while providing quality service.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Assists residents with any special needs during transportation; such as carrying packages, opening doors, assisting residents onto and out of the vehicle and to the point of destination
- Provides miscellaneous pickup and delivery services as needed
- Coordinates the activities of other Sunrise Senior Living team members who are performing in a driver assistance role, spotter or resident care capacity
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have appropriate federal and state license such as a CDL (commercial driver's license) and chauffeur license and/or applicable license per state regulation with an acceptable driving record in accordance with Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) and state regulations
- Must be knowledgeable of all safety precautions and comply with safety procedures
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Ability to operate a chair lift and secure regular and mechanical wheelchairs and scooters
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all community procedures and the ability to follow through on assigned tasks, and demonstrate initiative.
Sunrise maintains a safe and drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a background check and drug test.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals. Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work®
Apply on company website