"Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home. Our focus is doing what's right for the resident. For me, that's a big breath of fresh air."
- Sunrise Leader Fitness Trainers are responsible for supporting all residents in championing overall wellness by encouraging fitness programs and individual goals. They provide a positive experience that is educational, supportive, and upholds the integrity of the Villa Brand
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Trust
- Contributing to Team Success
- Managing Work (includes Time Management)
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality Orientation
- Technical / Professional Knowledge
Essential Duties: Category 1
· Monitors and instructs residents during personal training sessions on the safe and effective use of Keiser cardiovascular, flexibility and strength training equipment. Encourages all residents to safely and regularly make use of resident fitness center. Works closely with program director to identify new residents for increased utilization of the fitness center.
Essential Duties: Category 2
· Gains an understanding of residents and guides them in setting personal fitness goals. Develops a plan and monitors residents' progress in achieving these goals.
Essential Duties: Category 3
· In cooperation with the program director conducts high level group fitness classes for residents focusing on helping residents to achieve fitness goals as laid out in the Go4Life program.
- Ability to work in Culver City and Placentia 1 day a week each location
1-year experience working with seniors (preferred).
High School degree minimum. Preferred requirement – Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology, sports medicine or related field.
1-year experience with leading fitness programs and/or fitness training.
Sunrise maintains a safe and drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a background check and drug test.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest. Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best. Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals. Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work®
Apply on company website