"Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home. Our focus is doing what's right for the resident. For me, that's a big breath of fresh air."
- Sunrise Leader
We are seeking an Insurance Professional for a Property Risk Manager's position at the corporate headquarterf for Sunrise Senior Living in Mclean, VA.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Work from the corporate office to coordinate the management of:
- Property claims to include Building, Business Personal Property, and Business Income.
- Management of Crime, Fiduciary and cyber liability claims.
- Coordinate claims activities with Sunrise Team Members and with third party insurers, brokers, lenders and capital partners.
- Coordinate the insurance renewals for Property, Crime, Fiduciary, Employment Practices and Cyber Liability.
- Oversee the loss prevention assessments conducted by insurers.
- Be available to assist communities during catastrophic events and coordinate resources as necessary.
- Review work of all assigned adjusters and preferred contractors for quality and timely service.
- Comply with the company's claims organization policies and procedures for contact and communication, verification of coverages, determination of liability, investigation of losses, determination of claims values, completion of forms, reports, and negotiation and settlement of claims.
- Update and monitor internal policies and maintain on our intranet (TeamLink).
- Identify and make available training to support policies on our intranet (TeamLink).
- Assist in catastrophe claims handling throughout the company's operating territory
- Work with integrated teams as assigned.
- Maintain open lines of communication with agents, sales representatives, marketing and underwriting personnel.
- Oversee and coordinate new and renovation projects with internal teams, brokers and contractors.
- Review insurance language for projects, including lender agreements, to ensure obligations are appropriate.
- Position will include work with all communities in the US, Canada and United Kingdom (UK).
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities at once.
- Assist VP on projects as needed.
- At least 10 years' experience in the insurance industry particularly focused on claims, insurance renewals, construction and contracts.
- Work experience in Canada and the United Kingdom.
- College degree or equivalent claims experience in insurance and business
- Professional designations of CPCU, ARM, AIC
- Previous claims insurance experience with customer contact
- Ability to analyze, negotiate and settle property claims
- Computer skills and prior claims system experience
- Knowledge or experience in the building construction field
Preferred / Desired experience:
- Ability to work independently and have initiative to develop, direct and complete projects
- Continuing education through RIMS, CPCU, Brokers, or in-house claims training classes,
- Must be willing to travel.
- Ability to speak French is a plus.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest. Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best. Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals. Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work®
Apply on company website