"Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home. Our focus is doing what's right for the resident. For me, that's a big breath of fresh air."
- Sunrise Leader
The Analytics team at Sunrise Senior Living wants to solve some of today's most complicated data problems, making the lives of our Sunrise team members easier and more productive, and driving our mission to deliver the best possible quality of care for our residents and their families. We are passionate about learning new ways to extract the most value from our existing data sources such as billing & care, sales, marketing, labor, etc. In addition to spending time to innovate, learn, collaborate, and teach about data engineering, we are partnering with other business teams to incorporate analytics into every facet of the enterprise. Developing others and ourselves through cooperation will be key to our success.
This role is responsible for leading efforts of various levels of complexity to help discover actionable insights and make intelligent business decisions. This includes research and recommendation of new tools for analyzing data; the design, coding, integration & deployment of advanced analytics solutions to improve and optimize business decisions and processes; searching for and integrating new tools to improve descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics; and discovery of new technical challenges that can be solved with the existing data warehouse system and emerging cloud solutions (e.g. Azure). This role will also include project management of complex projects. This role contributes to the structured and unstructured data science tools of Sunrise from traditional to emerging analytics technologies and methods. The role may also assist in the recruitment, selection, mentorship and development of our engineering team.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Make major contributions to the Analytics team's direction and strategy for the group in partnership with their peers.
• Executes highly complex functional work tracks for the team. Drives the execution of operational/technical objectives for data analytic outputs and business solutions.
• Is an active and influential technical leader and a recognized data expert within the department.
• Partners with other Sunrise teams on data engineering efforts.
• Partners closely with department peers to ensure holistic data solutions for our data science community and analytic users.
• Identifies new areas of data, research and data technology that can solve business problems
• Utilize effective project planning techniques to break down complex projects into tasks, manage the scope of projects, and ensure deadlines are kept
• Leverages, contributes and uses data best practices / lessons learned to develop technical solutions used for descriptive analytics, ETL, predictive modeling, and prescriptive “real time decisions” analytics
• Influences within the department on the effectiveness of data systems to solve their business problems.
• Develops technical solutions using data techniques in data & analytics processes.
• Supports Innovation; regularly provides new ideas to help people, process, and technology that interact with an analytics ecosystem.
• Develops and builds frameworks/prototypes that integrate data and advanced analytics to make business decisions.
• Implements new areas of data technologies, (ingestion, processing, distribution) and research delivery methods that can solve business problems.
• Understands the data related problems and requirements to identify the optimal technical approach.
• Works with peers to ensure efforts within owned tracks of work will meet their needs.
• Identifies and develops data sources & techniques to solve business problems.
• Co-mingles data sources to lead work on data and problems across departments to drive improved business & technical results through designing.
• 5 – 10 Years of experience or equivalent skills & ability
• BS or MS in a quantitative or scientific field such as computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience.
• Experience in using software development to drive data science & analytic efforts.
• Experience with database & ETL technologies.
• Experience with various data types (e.g. Relational, Unstructured, Hierarchical, and Linked “Graph” Data).
• Experience in developing, managing, and manipulating large, complex datasets.
• Experience in working with statistical software such as SAS, SPSS, MatLab, R, CART, etc.
• Proven ability to code and develop prototypes in languages such as .Net, Python, Perl, Java, C, R, SQL, and XSLT.
• Ability to communicate and present advanced technical topics to business and C-level executives.
• Leading project teams of various skills levels.
• Understanding of predictive modeling techniques, a plus.
Sunrise maintains a safe and drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a background check and drug test.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise. At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals. Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work®
Apply on company website