This is a Biologics product specialist position focusing attention on direct actions with Territory Managers and their teams to drive Biologics business. They will spend the majority of their time driving clinic based Biologics sales. The remainder or their time will be spent driving the OR based Biologics sales along with the teams. This role will report directly to the VP of sales and work closely with Regional Sales Management.
The Biologics Specialist will have the responsibility of managing the growth of sales in a larger geography than that of an SOS territory manager. He/she will work with the area managers to manage both material and personnel resources in order to optimize sales growth in a cost effective manner. They will be the territory manager's first point of contact with questions regarding Biologics sales tactics and implementation.
- Optimize Sales/Sales growth in their accounts defined below in the Accounts list.
- Interact with all territory managers, associate sales representatives, and other specialty reps in their given geography.
- Open communication with all representatives in their given geography.
- CRM – management of leads and opportunities in AXIS for sales pipeline management.
- Quota management
- devising and implementing a plan to make Biologics sales quota
- input in the creation of sales strategy and management of quota attainment amongst each team in his/her area
- Surgeon Skill Development – Biologics Specialist in coordination with their team will be involved in the coordination of labs with customers in his/her geography and preferably be in attendance for surgical skills training with key customers. These would include but not be limited to both local and out-of-town programs.
- Time management
-7:30a.m. – 5:30 p.m. is considered a standard work day
-80% of the time to be spent in the field with customers/reps or in O.R./office accounts.
- Investment levels – Biologics Specialist will have access to an expense account but may be required to invest resources in their territory from time to time.
- Inventory – must assist the Supreme operations team with helping the territory audits and inventory reconciliations go smoothly.
- Sales meetings
- Participate in each of the area managers quarterly sales meetings. Discuss sales strategy, results, new products, sales issues, etc.
- quarterly meetings with VP of sales to discuss Biologics sales performance and sales strategy
- Territory development:
- Key account management – assist territory managers with the management of sales activities at designated “key” accounts.
- Develop relationships with personnel at key accounts.
- Key customer management - assist territory managers with their targeting of and management of sales activities with “key” individual customers. These would include but not be limited to: orthopedic surgeons and hospital/ASC administrators.
- Product Knowledge – should be an expert in all product areas with which they have management responsibility and are a true asset to their teams.
- Sales Support – provide both case coverage and sales appointment support for territory managers.
- Maintain consistency across geography with regards to products, pricing, service, etc. If necessary, communicate with other sales managers to maintain this same consistency.
- Recruitment – a very important aspect of this job. Must always be prepared with sales resources by creating a “pipeline” of potential reps to create immediate stability if a sales representative from the region should need to be terminated or voluntarily leaves
- Salary and bonus that is tied into the Biologics performance of his/her area.
Other key responsibilities: The Biologics Specialist is responsible to interact and manage all aspects of the customer groups, which may include members of large hospital systems/IDNs/GPOs, teaching, city and community hospitals.
The Biologics Specialist will manage the business ethically and adhere to all applicable hospital guidelines including ADVAMED http://advamed.org/
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
• Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management - Communicates changes and progress.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; able to read and interpret written information.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
• Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Interested candidates should send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the Apply Online button below.
Supreme Orthopedic Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website