In collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of experts, the eating disorders program nurse plans and evaluates the nursing care for adolescent and adult patients of all genders. The nurse is required to exercise independent judgment in implementing care, under the close supervision and support of the program's Medical Director. The nurse addresses physical, behavioral, and cognitive needs of the patient, works as a key member of the patient's treatment team, and communicates collaboratively with family as needed.
• Performs and documents comprehensive and holistic assessments to provide quality care by assuming primary nursing responsibility for the care of patients in the Eating Disorders programs.
• Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment by understanding and complying with policies, business rules, and national safety goals. Identifies and communicates workarounds that have a potential impact on patient safety.
• Develops a relationship with the patient and natural supports of the patient that facilitates mutual involvement in the planning of care.
• Identifies age, cultural, or other population specific patient needs based on assessment findings.
• Assists staff physician and consulting psychiatrists and specialists by coordinating their services for assigned residents/clients and providing transport as needed.
• Assists staff physicians by implementing orders for care, including medication orders via written and oral communication with staff, using the organization's computer system.
• Assures medication accuracy by ordering, labeling, packaging, distributing and checking that medications ordered by the physician are administered.
• Interprets and responds to abnormal diagnostic data. Anticipates potential emergency situations and intervenes safely with assistance when needed.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and contributes positively to program goals.
• Actively implements and updates multidisciplinary plan of care and collaborate with internal and external resources to meet patient care needs.
• Completes population-specific mandatory education competencies as defined by the Eating Disorders Program.
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Current RN license in the State of Maine.
• Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer certification is required.
• Valid driver's license.
• One (1) year of clinical nursing experience.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of Eating Disorders.
• Demonstrates basic critical thinking skills.
Apply on company website