Maintain ongoing residential effectiveness by assuring the administrative coordination of a variety of safety, therapeutic and operational issues. Responsible for administrative activities and oversight of a residential program. Supervise Assistant Supervisor, program YFCs and relief YFCs.
• Demonstrate leadership by coordinating all residential program components.
• Integrate the work of the school by routinely coordinating residential and educational interactions.
• Serve as Supervisor on Duty when assigned by assuming responsibility for phone coverage, crisis intervention and insuring adequate staffing.
• Provide a safe, structured therapeutic group living milieu by ensuring the physical safety and welfare for residents, including hygiene, clothing, food and medical care.
• Maintain upkeep of physical plant by assuring the maintenance of a safe, clean and pleasant group living environment.
• Assure proper staffing levels by participating in the hiring of child care staff.
• Assist in staff training as assigned.
• Effectively employ therapeutic crisis intervention (T.C.I.) procedures.
• Ensure positive job results for residential staff by monitoring and appraising job performance.
• Works with families by demonstrating thorough understanding of the family-centered practice, communicating understanding of the systems, facilitating contact with the primary's family system and being personally familiar with all involved families.
• Collaboration with the program clinician to ensure milieu treatment is in line with the Individual Treatment Plan.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
• Must pass the competency tests of a Youth & Family Counselor Level I, II, and III.
• Must obtain certification as an Other Qualified Mental Health Professional within one (1) month of assignment.
• Must maintain a valid state driver's license.
• Supervisory experience.
• Four (4) years experience working in the Youth and Family Field.
• Ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
• Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
• At least an intermediate proficiency using a personal computer.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website