- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Registered Illinois Professional Engineer license desired.
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) considered a plus.
- 8+ years of related experience, preferably on CTA, Metra or Class I Railroad projects of increasing complexity.
- Experience interfacing with contractors, as well as assisting in dispute resolution.
- Candidates must be able to mange TYLin and sub-consultant staff assigned to the various aspects of the projects.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
TYLin is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. TYLin remains committed to complying with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements, as such this role may be situated in a jurisdiction with masking or vaccinate or test requirements to attend office or client locations (controlled location). You should ask your manager about this prior to starting. Should you be subject to the requirements, you are required to disclose your vaccination status within the first week of starting or before entering a controlled location, whichever comes first.
- Apply standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out tasks as part of a broader assignment.
- Inspect bridges, including railroad bridge and transportation related structures.
- Inspect incorporated materials.
- Ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and regulations.
- Assist in setup and maintenance of master project files.
- Assist in resolution of design/coordination issues.
- Monitor contractor's work progress and schedule.
- Attend various meetings, facilitate various meetings, and prepare meeting minutes.
- Interpret contract specifications and special provisions.
- Measure and document work performed by contractor.
- Assist in project close-out, as-builts, and punch list.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website