Position at Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world's leading brands ― and our employees' careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We're passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we're looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It's time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: The Vice President, Finance is responsible for providing overall financial leadership to the Print & Service Solutions Group for the Taylor Corporation, based in Dayton, OH. The role will report to the CFO of Taylor Corporation, but will have a strong alignment to the P&SS Group President and leadership team. This role will be a strategic business partner to the leaders of the group responsible for providing financial planning and analysis, business advice, financial oversight, driving system conversions and simplification. Shaping and developing the financial and accounting function for the group will be critical.
In addition to P&SS Group responsibility, this role will work closely with the corporate leadership including the corporate controller and other corporate finance leads to ensure that best practices are standardized and adopted across the group.
Detailed essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide overall financial leadership to the P&SS Group and related segments.
- Responsible for all financial aspects of the P&SS accounting and FP&A teams, including annual budgets, periodic re-forecasts, monthly financial reporting, project profitability analysis, cost accounting, contract reviews, pricing analysis and strategic planning.
- Provide robust monthly reporting and analysis to the Taylor Corporation CFO and P&SS Group President and the Business Unit Presidents.
- Build highly effective, essential relationships and partnerships with Corporate Finance Center of Excellence, all Group business unit leaders, and all Financial staff, as well as Sales Admin, IT, HR, and Operations.
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of all P&SS general ledgers, transactions, financial records and reports, including ensuring strong internal controls and meeting audit requirements.
- Lead the development of the annual operating budget and assist Business Unit Presidents with the annual strategic plans to achieve short-term and long-term objectives.
- Drive finance system conversion, implementation and decommissioning of old systems to gain efficiencies, accuracy and transparency. Provide direction and hands on approach to integrate the P&SS group into Taylor Corporation by implementing standard corporate accounting policies, procedures, and processes.
- Provide essential decision support for both on-going business and new business opportunities to capitalize on shifting competitive landscape and market forces.
- Assess, strengthen and develop the finance team and organizational structure.
- Establish all appropriate schedules for financial reporting and ensure high visibility to regular fiscal performance of the P&SS Group.
- Will require 10-25% domestic travel. Ability to travel to Mexico is preferred, but not required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
- Leadership skills – ability to lead and engage in all activities required in a rapidly changing environment focused on cost containment, revenue enhancement, and essential operating income performance.
- Team builder - ability to develop, coach, and lead a strong, cohesive team.
- Ability to build and grow relationships and organizational agility skills are paramount.
- Prior experience required in system implementations and simplifications, and project management.
- Ability to communicate effectively from board room to plant floor, in small and large teams.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and possess an attention to detail and ability to work accurately in a high-energy environment.
- Critical thinking and strong business acumen.
- Possess a positive attitude and establish good working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- High sense of urgency in providing strong level of service and follow-through.
- Experience working/interacting with Sales and geographically dispersed teams.
- International experience (Mexico and Puerto Rico locations) is preferred.
- Manufacturing experience is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook), variety of financial software, BI tools and Workday.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field is required.
- CPA, CMA, MBA preferred.
- A minimum of fifteen plus years' experience in accounting/finance and supervising large teams.
- Expert level Excel skills required.
- Proven experience at successfully developing & strengthening management controls, operational processes, streamlining systems and integration of business practices.
- Proven process improvement and change management skills and experience required.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor's family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world's more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees' potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Apply on company website