As an AVP - Closing, you are responsible for the day to day pipeline, personnel management and all aspects related to the closing process. The position requires a thorough knowledge of all closing guidelines as well as the thorough knowledge of all processes and procedures of investors utilized by Taylor Morison Home Funding in association with the closing of loans. The position also requires industry mortgage compliance knowledge.
The AVP - Closing must possess the ability to quickly resolve any challenges while maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures. The AVP - Closing must be able to multitask and handle deadlines with ease. This position does require daily interaction with executive management and lead other Closing Managers and partner with other department VP's and AVP's. This position reports to VP – Closing Fulfillment.
The goals of this position is to provide a seamless transaction to borrower and builder, achieve customer satisfaction levels as evidenced by surveys, monitor closing policies and procedures are being performed by all closers, and ensure that loans in their pipelines are managed expeditiously.
We trust that as an AVP, Post Closer you will: (responsibilities)
- Monitor daily closing reports and ensure company policies and procedures are being followed by the closers.
- Handle Closing Escalations.
- Maintain Routine Meetings with Direct Reports.
- Deliver Continuity Meetings on a Monthly basis.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that may arise in the day to day with regard to loans in closing.
- Monitor quality control of the closing department.
- Assisting VP of Closing Fulfillment as needed.
- Ensure all new closers are properly on boarded.
- Close employee loans as assigned.
- Provide employees timely, candid and constructive performance feedback.
- Ensure department adheres to all required People Service performance evaluations.
- Develop the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning.
- Create, document and train closing business process/checklist/procedures either solely or as part of larger project management team as a closing subject matter expert.
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Conflict Resolution
- Critical/Analytical thinking
- Customer Service Oriented
- Highly Motivated
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Solving
- Quick Learner
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of Closing Manager experience
- 5-7 years mortgage-related experience
- 3-5 years loan closing and funding experience
- Experience supervising other managers
- Thorough knowledge of all mortgage industry departments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of loan documentation
- Advanced computer sills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Advanced mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Apply on company website